Changing Pharmacy School Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atnguy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told by multiple pharmacy students that once you get your acceptance you only have two weeks to accept/place a deposit to reserve your seat. My pharmCAS application barely got verified yesterday and I got invited for an interview today for a school out of state. I'm afraid that I might have to make a decision before getting an interview/answer from a school in state which I prefer to stay instate. Does it look bad to ask for an extension on your interview date? Do they give extensions for interview dates? How shortly were you invited for interview after pharmCAS submitted your application?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told by multiple pharmacy students that once you get your acceptance you only have two weeks to accept/place a deposit to reserve your seat. My pharmCAS application barely got verified yesterday and I got invited for an interview today for a school out of state. I'm afraid that I might have to make a decision before getting an interview/answer from a school in state which I prefer to stay instate. Does it look bad to ask for an extension on your interview date? Do they give extensions for interview dates? How shortly were you invited for interview after pharmCAS submitted your application?

Asking for lengthy extensions or reschedules will hurt your application, unless you can mollify them with an appropriate excuse.