changing residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prwunecom

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question about how to find out what programs have openings for 2nd year residents. Is there a website. I am currently in a program where I am not happy; I am hoping to transfer to a more challenging program in the same specialty.

Members don't see this ad.

Come on, no one knows how this works? Do I have to go through the match or is it possible to find out which programs have second year vacancies and contact them directly?

I notice a lot of people have viewed this, hard to believe no one knows how to do this......

I think findaresident.com is a site where you can find vacancies. Good luck.

I am in the process of attempting to switch residency program in Psych. My advice: Call the programs you are interested in. Ask if they have openings. If not ask if you can fax (or e-mail) your info to them. They will keep this on file if anything (hopefully) becomes available. Keep careful records of who and when you called. You'll probably be calling them again. Be persistent. People switch all the time due to various reasons. In your case, you will have to convince any program you're interested in that their program is SO much better than the one you're currently in.

Good luck!