Changing

Started by microb111
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

microb111

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied last cycle but my personal statement was very strong and I dont want to completely scratch it for this cycle. Do you think it would hurt me to just edit it and add in some new experiences I have done? I have raised my mcat substantially and have increased my GPA as well. I also have new experiences that I am adding in.
 
Last edited:
I applied last cycle but knew I wasn’t going to be accepted. I was advised to submit my application as soon as possible even if I didn’t have my mcat score back (I know I feel so stupid now) so when I received my mcat is was much lower than anticipated and I would not have applied if I hadn’t already submitted. I did not receive an interview nor was I expecting to. My personal statement was very strong and I dont want to completely scratch it for this cycle. Do you think it would hurt me to just edit it and add in some new experiences I have done? I have raised my mcat substantially and have increased my GPA as well. I also have new experiences that I am adding in.
Definitely edit your PS to make it fresh. Dont necessarily need to scrap it and start over, however it wouldnt hurt to try a rewrite and see of you can come up with something better (you may be surprised that in one year you have a different story you want to tell). Also as a reapp, dont fall into the trap of thinking your first PS was good. Have other people read it and be critical of yourself. Feel free to DM me and I can look it over.
 
Definitely edit your PS to make it fresh. Dont necessarily need to scrap it and start over, however it wouldnt hurt to try a rewrite and see of you can come up with something better (you may be surprised that in one year you have a different story you want to tell). Also as a reapp, dont fall into the trap of thinking your first PS was good. Have other people read it and be critical of yourself. Feel free to DM me and I can look it over.
I am working on editing the first one, can I send you both when I am done for comparison?