Chapman University DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsmj

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a interview (Kira Assessment) with Chapman University for DPT program. I’m not sure what kind of questions I would receive. I would appreciate if anyone can share anything they know about or value at Chapman. What are your suggestions to get prepared?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I also have a kira assessment with Chapman and do not know what to expect. Have you taken it yet or heard from anyone else that has? My suggestion would be to prepare as it you were doing an interview in person. Dress professionally of course and take advantage of the practice time they give you before we have to start answering questions.

im taking mine this weekend! how did it go for you two? good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! it was fairly decent 4 questions and they are commonly asked interview questions :) we aren't allowed to share too much but you have 45 secs to prepare a 1:30 min response. Good luck!

im taking mine this weekend! how did it go for you two? good luck!
Good luck! It was okay. It was not anything surprising, but for some reason I got very nervous for the first question. How did u do?

Has anyone heard anything from Chapman after submitting the Kira assessment?

I haven’t heard back yet! Did a kira for summer term and haven’t heard back from that or for the fall term yet

I haven’t heard back yet! Did a kira for summer term and haven’t heard back from that or for the fall term yet
Hopefully, we will hear back about the admission in January. I shoot them an email about Kira for Fall cohort, and they said the invitation will be send in couple of weeks.

Hopefully, we will hear back about the admission in January. I shoot them an email about Kira for Fall cohort, and they said the invitation will be send in couple of weeks.
Did you apply to the summer cohort also? If so did they say anything about when decisions would be released for summer? Thanks :)

Did you apply to the summer cohort also? If so did they say anything about when decisions would be released for summer? Thanks :)
yes I did. No, I didn't ask. But according to the past year's posts, I think we should expect to hear in Jan.

Just accepted into Chapman’s summer cohort!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted too :) congrats everyone!!!
Did you put your deposit down && if so have you received any more info after that? I put my deposit down and received the receipt for it but I want to make sure there’s nothing else I have to do to secure my spot!

Hey everyone! I got invited to complete a Kira assessment invite for fall cohort before I heard back about my summer cohort Kira assessment results. I’m curious if this has happened for anybody else? Or any acceptances updates?? Happy new year!

Hey everyone! I got invited to complete a Kira assessment invite for fall cohort before I heard back about my summer cohort Kira assessment results. I’m curious if this has happened for anybody else? Or any acceptances updates?? Happy new year!
Hello! Yes im in the same boat as u! I completed my kira assessment in december 9th and still waiting for my result, yet chapman already sent me the invitation for kira for fall last week. When did u complete the kira assessment for summer cohort?

Hello! Yes im in the same boat as u! I completed my kira assessment in december 9th and still waiting for my result, yet chapman already sent me the invitation for kira for fall last week. When did u complete the kira assessment for summer cohort?
Interesting. I completed my summer cohort Kira assessment December 21st, and they sent me the invite on December 18th. I wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that I am taking my last prerequisite this Spring 2022 semester. Do you also have a prerequisite to still complete? If we have similar stats in that aspect that may be putting us in a different category than those with all prerequisites done.

Interesting. I completed my summer cohort Kira assessment December 21st, and they sent me the invite on December 18th. I wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that I am taking my last prerequisite this Spring 2022 semester. Do you also have a prerequisite to still complete? If we have similar stats in that aspect that may be putting us in a different category than those with all prerequisites done.
I just completed my last 2 prerequisites this fall semester

I just emailed the admission team at chapman and they said they r sending out the next round of acceptances for summer cohort so we will receive our decision soon and we should expect to receive the decision for fall cohort in late feb

I just emailed the admission team at chapman and they said they r sending out the next round of acceptances for summer cohort so we will receive our decision soon and we should expect to receive the decision for fall cohort in late feb
Thats great initiative thanks for letting us know. Were they any more specific than "soon" about when they will send out the summer cohort invites?

Thats great initiative thanks for letting us know. Were they any more specific than "soon" about when they will send out the summer cohort invites?
I just emailed the admission team at chapman and they said they r sending out the next round of acceptances so we will receive our decision soon.
No they didnt specify the time but i hope within this week! Im too tired of waiting at this point haha

No they didnt specify the time but i hope within this week! Im too tired of waiting at this point haha
I’ve seen a bunch of people saying Chapman is doing another round of decisions end of Feb! I might burst from suspense but just gotta distract ourselves until then I guess

I’ve seen a bunch of people saying Chapman is doing another round of decisions end of Feb! I might burst from suspense but just gotta distract ourselves until then I guess
I feel u :/ i saw someone got accepted yesterday and i feel kind of panicking rn

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you folks a heads up... I received a Kira invite from Chapman back in mid-January and it was just rescinded yesterday because of a mistake that was made on their end. I didn't even know that was possible! I was left hanging with no communication for 3 weeks after my interview invite and I didn't even find out about this until I reached out 3 times before I was given any sort of information. It was absolutely shocking and really saddening...

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you folks a heads up... I received a Kira invite from Chapman back in mid-January and it was just rescinded yesterday because of a mistake that was made on their end. I didn't even know that was possible! I was left hanging with no communication for 3 weeks after my interview invite and I didn't even find out about this until I reached out 3 times before I was given any sort of information. It was absolutely shocking and really saddening...
Really??? Did u already complete it and just received the notification that it was rescinded yesterday?

Really??? Did u already complete it and just received the notification that it was rescinded yesterday?
Unfortunately, they never even sent it to me. I was just waiting after the initial invitation (which wasn't conditional btw) for 3 weeks with no communication and I never even had the chance to take the Kira. So, I got the invite, didn't receive the Kira, and after reaching out multiple times with no response, I was told it was being rescinded.

I’m planning on turning down my Summer cohort seat soon so I hope this helps someone out!!

I’m planning on turning down my Summer cohort seat soon so I hope this helps someone out!!
I gave up my seat for summer as well! They said fall decisions should come out end of this month, so I took the risk and didn’t put a deposit for summer. I hope that helps out someone as well.

I will also be turning my summer cohort seat down soon as well. Hopefully that opens an opportunity up for someone!

Any updates from chapman guys? Have anybody received rejection or waitlist email at this point? Im Still anxiously waiting for their decision every day :/

Any updates from chapman guys? Have anybody received rejection or waitlist email at this point? Im Still anxiously waiting for their decision every day :/
I have an update yall! Because of my spring 2022 class, retaking Human Anatomy so it is within 5 years, I will be taking my final the week the summer cohort is supposed to start. I didn’t think I would be eligible for summer but I just got an email that I got put on the waitlist. I accepted but would still prefer fall to have one last summer break. I wish I had a fall cohort update but alas I do not.

I have an update yall! Because of my spring 2022 class, retaking Human Anatomy so it is within 5 years, I will be taking my final the week the summer cohort is supposed to start. I didn’t think I would be eligible for summer but I just got an email that I got put on the waitlist. I accepted but would still prefer fall to have one last summer break. I wish I had a fall cohort update but alas I do not.
Yeah i just got waitlisted for summer term too!

Received a waitlist offer for Summer cohort today but will be turning that down!

Reactions: 1 users
I also received a waitlist offer for Summer cohort but turned it down as I will be attending school elsewhere!

I saw that Chapman updated the DPT part of their website and put that fall decisions are going out beginning this month, February. Do y’all think we will hear from them this week since it’s the last full week of February? Monday is also technically the last day of Feb so it could be then, too.

I saw that Chapman updated the DPT part of their website and put that fall decisions are going out beginning this month, February. Do y’all think we will hear from them this week since it’s the last full week of February? Monday is also technically the last day of Feb so it could be then, too.
Yeah i think so too! I noticed chapman usually send their email out on thursday so could be this thurs?

Yeah i think so too! I noticed chapman usually send their email out on thursday so could be this thurs?
That’s an interesting observation! Thanks for pointing that out. I will try to give myself the grace to be less alert until at least Thursday.

Is Chapman really going to wait until the last day of February to give these decisions!? the app was one of the first deadlines in CA, due October 15th like what could be happening for them to be the last decisions out and first apps due.

yeah seriously i was like surely theyll send it by this week but... 😃 guess the suffering continues

Reactions: 1 users