Chapman vs CSU Long Beach

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabino3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between these schools. I have been accepted to both. Anybody have any thoughts??? I like both schools and their locations.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today from Chapman. CSU Long Beach gave me an acceptance pending their supplemental application approval.
Thanks! When did you submit to PTCAS? Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you have any outstanding pre-reqs?

As far as which school...I would go with the one that's less expensive, so I'm guessing that would be CSULB.

Congrats!

Thanks! When did you submit to PTCAS? Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you have any outstanding pre-reqs?

As far as which school...I would go with the one that's less expensive, so I'm guessing that would be CSULB.

Congrats!
I applied the 1st week of August. All of my prereqs were completed as of 5/13. I was leaning towards CSULB because of the cost and living in the LBC seems really nice. I am from Fresno, so both of those cities would be an upgrade for me. Haha!

Major: Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.54
Prereq GPA: 3.93
GRE: Verbal 160 Math 153, 4.0

I applied the 1st week of August. All of my prereqs were completed as of 5/13. I was leaning towards CSULB because of the cost and living in the LBC seems really nice. I am from Fresno, so both of those cities would be an upgrade for me. Haha!

Major: Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.54
Prereq GPA: 3.93
GRE: Verbal 160 Math 153, 4.0
Fresno?? Yeah, I think anywhere would be an upgrade. I went to UCLA and the LA area is awesome (minus the parts around USC...)

Fresno?? Yeah, I think anywhere would be an upgrade. I went to UCLA and the LA area is awesome (minus the parts around USC...)

Fresno does beat Phoenix! Sadly, I have lived in both armpits. ;)
Where have you applied?

Fresno does beat Phoenix! Sadly, I have lived in both armpits. ;)
Where have you applied?
Poor you :(
I applied to CSUN, Chapman, UCSF/SFSU, GWU, and UIC. Still have to apply to UW. Submitted to PTCAS around the end of September. I still have anatomy as an outstanding pre-req though so Chapman probably doesn't like that. So far have only heard from GWU, interview in Dec. I'm jealous that you're already getting acceptances!

Poor you :(
I applied to CSUN, Chapman, UCSF/SFSU, GWU, and UIC. Still have to apply to UW. Submitted to PTCAS around the end of September. I still have anatomy as an outstanding pre-req though so Chapman probably doesn't like that. So far have only heard from GWU, interview in Dec. I'm jealous that you're already getting acceptances!
Yeah, that is probably holding you back. These schools are getting 500 plus apps. I heard CSUN is pushing 1000 apps. They probably do go for the complete files first.
What schools are UIC and GWU? I am assuming UW is University of Washington.

Yeah, that is probably holding you back. These schools are getting 500 plus apps. I heard CSUN is pushing 1000 apps. They probably do go for the complete files first.
What schools are UIC and GWU? I am assuming UW is University of Washington.
Argh that's annoying. I have a decent GPA (3.53 cumulative, 3.59 pre-req) and a great GRE score (165 V/166 Q/5.5 AW) so I'm hoping that makes up for it. :/ CSUN is my top choice.

GWU is George Washington University in DC and UIC is University of Illinois at Chicago.

Argh that's annoying. I have a decent GPA (3.53 cumulative, 3.59 pre-req) and a great GRE score (165 V/166 Q/5.5 AW) so I'm hoping that makes up for it. :/ CSUN is my top choice.

GWU is George Washington University in DC and UIC is University of Illinois at Chicago.
Wow! You have some diverse choices. Your scores are great! Good luck!

I am trying to decide between these schools. I have been accepted to both. Anybody have any thoughts??? I like both schools and their locations.

If you have any questions about LB, message me (I'm a first year here).