Chapter 31 (Voc. Rehab)

Started by Ynot1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ynot1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has any former Medic/Corpsman-Veterans been approved for or going through PA School using Chapter 31 (Voc. Rehab) GI Bill for service connected PTSD?
 
If you have an acceptance letter to PA school, you shouldn't have any problem getting it approved.
 
Has any former Medic/Corpsman-Veterans been approved for or going through PA School using Chapter 31 (Voc. Rehab) GI Bill for service connected PTSD?

Comparison shop with your other GI Bill options. Voc Rehab is an option...but the payout isn't always as good...and I've heard it sometimes takes more leg work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Comparison shop with your other GI Bill options. Voc Rehab is an option...but the payout isn't always as good...and I've heard it sometimes takes more leg work.

If he qualifies for Rehab Voc, it is always the better option. It's like the post 9/11 bill on steroids. This is what I'm getting through rehab voc for my medical school study:

1) Full tuition at 54-55k a year for four years
2) E-5 Bah for 48 months
3) All books, equipments, and license exams covered
4) A laptop that's up to 2-2.5 K, a printer, and monthly internet connection
5) An entire study room setup including the furniture
 
If he qualifies for Rehab Voc, it is always the better option. It's like the post 9/11 bill on steroids. This is what I'm getting through rehab voc for my medical school study:

1) Full tuition at 54-55k a year for four years
2) E-5 Bah for 48 months
3) All books, equipments, and license exams covered
4) A laptop that's up to 2-2.5 K, a printer, and monthly internet connection
5) An entire study room setup including the furniture

Rgr that. It sounds like a a pretty good deal. I know that it is pretty much useless when used for residency.
 
If he qualifies for Rehab Voc, it is always the better option. It's like the post 9/11 bill on steroids. This is what I'm getting through rehab voc for my medical school study:

1) Full tuition at 54-55k a year for four years
2) E-5 Bah for 48 months
3) All books, equipments, and license exams covered
4) A laptop that's up to 2-2.5 K, a printer, and monthly internet connection
5) An entire study room setup including the furniture
That's insane. How does the Internet thing work if I have a bundle package with cable and phone? My kids love Nick Jr. And Sprout.
Also, my school requires us to have a smartphone, you think I could swing that too?
 
That's insane. How does the Internet thing work if I have a bundle package with cable and phone? My kids love Nick Jr. And Sprout.
Also, my school requires us to have a smartphone, you think I could swing that too?

Where in the syllabus does it say that you need a smart phone? Basically you need to prove that.

Bundle deal is a no go.
 
Where in the syllabus does it say that you need a smart phone? Basically you need to prove that.

Bundle deal is a no go.
It says in the tech requirements that students are required to have a smartphone.
Bummer about the bundle...
Thanks for the info!!