character limitations on VMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supervet

Purdue c/o 2019
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been a little confused trying to input all of my experiences in the "Experience" section of the VMCAS, because I feel like I am running out of characters for a few of my extensive experiences. I already am using a list format, and I still have more information to add to certain sections, especially the animal and vet experience. Is it common to use the explanation statement to elaborate those experiences, or would it be better to just make my experiences as concise as possible and then elaborate of my most noteworthy experiences that shaped why I want to become a vet in my PS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The second half of your statement. Be concise as freaking possible! I know because I worked on two research projects over the summer and trying to explain those in the character limit is a PITA! And then take one or two noteable experiences and use that in your PS to show how those experiences have better equipped you to handle/become a vet.

Thank you! I just feel like I wont be getting my point across with what exactly I did, but I guess that's what the PS is for.

I made my experiences concise and abbreviated. I worked at place for 12 years. Obviously I couldn't list every duty I did, but I got the general idea across:

- fed, walked, & gave meds PO to boarding animals
-assisted vets & vet techs w/ exams, procedures & surgeries
-drew blood & placed IV catheters
-organized 2008 open house
-in charge of schedule & implementing new protocols
-inventory mgmnt

I used "&" instead of "and" as well as other accepted abbreviations.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user