Charles Drew University (CDU) Enhanced Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

studentdocem

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Just wanted to start a thread on anyone applying to CDU's Enhanced Post-bacc this cycle. It has not been posted on the post-bacc liaison site, I called and they told me it should be up by last week so I wondering where we would go to apply?

If anyone has any prior experiences with this program, it would be extremely helpful to post in this thread as there is not as much information on this program.

Members don't see this ad.

@pinkfreud222 I have a friend currently in the program and he shared their calendar with me. The application should have opened on 12/12, but as you said, it's not available yet. My best guess is that with the term winding down and schools shutting down for winter break, it just got overlooked. I'd prepare for it to open up first week of January, when everybody is back and they likely get more questions from others wondering the same.

I'll be applying this cycle as well so good luck to us!

Reactions: 1 user
Just checked today and applications are finally open! Surprised we have to complete CASPer since there's no mention of it on their website.

@ubedaaa is your friend enjoying the program? I've yet to come across anyone who's done CDU's PB and I'm curious about the experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
@JJkae their website mentions PBCas somewhere, I've seen a sentence on it haha. As for my friend, I would assume so haha, I tend to try and not bother since I know they're grinding away. I'm gonna get some info. from him and see what his experience has been these last few months!

Just checked today and applications are finally open! Surprised we have to complete CASPer since there's no mention of it on their website.

@ubedaaa is your friend enjoying the program? I've yet to come across anyone who's done CDU's PB and I'm curious about the experience.
where does it say we have to complete CASPer?

Yeah if anyone knows about waivers, please let us know. Thinking of just not applying due to costs and requirements.

Anyone have trouble getting responses from CDU? I've emailed them about 3 times and they've yet to respond to any of my questions.

Yea... its definitely better to call them, I got a faster response that way.

hi! I am trying to register to take the CASPER exam but I don't see Charles Drew as an option on the website. Is anyone else having on issue with this?

I couldnt find it either... was thinking of calling them tomorrow and see what they say

Just curious why this program? How is the linkage? How many students get into UCLA

No I haven’t Ive been busy and I haven’t finished my other apps so I’ve been putting that on the back burner. @Mikaylas386

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you are required to take the MCAT for this program before applying? I talked to a representative and they said you do, but the website doesn't mention anything about that?

No you don't.... I think they meant that you can't have taken the mcat more than once. The application didn't require you to submit an MCAT score
@fossom1234

it also says you do need to have any science courses to apply (under the FAQs tab) meaning taking the mcat isn't a requirement

Hi everyone,

Do you guys know if we need to complete CASPER in order to submit our apps or can we submit the confirmation that we've signed up? I've emailed the program but have not received a response yet.

yes it says you can just submit under the documents tab a confirmation that you've signed up

Does anyone know when CDU starts sending out interview invites?

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a reply after submitting the application?

No I haven’t heard anything. I’ve tried calling them to ask but haven’t had any luck reaching them

I have gotten a hold of them but they just say whats on the website but interviews in April-May is a long time.....

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted or plan to matriculate for Fall 2021?

I haven’t heard back from the school, have you?

They are sending interview notifications out now! But im confused on why the time slot is 4.5 hrs even if there are multiple interview sessions thats pretty long

Maybe it’s like an interview/ information session? After you picked your interview time did you receive a confirmation email?

Excuse my cutting in here, I also didnt receive any email confirmation. I hope we will hear back soon, considering the first option was for this weekend.
I hope we hear back soon. I emailed them asking for confirmation but I received an automated response with general info about the program.

I hope we hear back soon. I emailed them asking for confirmation but I received an automated response with general info about the program.
Hi guys! Did anyone who scheduled an interview for the first weekend end up getting a confirmation email/zoom invite? I responded to the survey the day of but haven't received a confirmation email yet either (also called the offices and emailed a bunch, I chose for this weekend so I'm panicking a little).

Also, hope interviews went well for those who had them last weekend!

Hi guys! Did anyone who scheduled an interview for the first weekend end up getting a confirmation email/zoom invite? I responded to the survey the day of but haven't received a confirmation email yet either (also called the offices and emailed a bunch, I chose for this weekend so I'm panicking a little).

Also, hope interviews went well for those who had them last weekend!
Hi! Yea I received a confirmation email on Thursday night for last Saturday’s interview date!

Hi! Yea I received a confirmation email on Thursday night for last Saturday’s interview date!
Oh nice!! I'm trying for this Saturday, haven't received it yet but will update here for other people who are wondering too!

hey y'all i am scheduled for an interview soon. super excited about this program. do any of you know more information about the guaranteed interview to ucla/drew?

Anyone going to cdu and is getting an apartment? Having trouble deciding what areas are best since im not from california

Yay! I received an email for acceptance. I am super excited and hopeful to find some sort of financial aid. I know it will be rough

I doubt theres aid, talking to older students they took out loans but i think you can get work study @MaybeMD4Me

Anyone going to cdu and is getting an apartment? Having trouble deciding what areas are best since im not from california

Not going to get an apartment, but CDU recommended Lorenzo apartments in their email. Alot depends on your desired commute, if you will have transportation so on. I would recommend looking further out from the general CDU area which can be a little rough if you arent from here.

I doubt theres aid, talking to older students they took out loans but i think you can get work study @MaybeMD4Me

Thank you, unfortunately, I figured this much. CDU recommended not working during the program but I cannot imagine being able to afford it without the work study or a part-time job

Yea I saw those apartments were very pricey. But you can definitely use research as work study so it wont be as much of a hassle since research is recommended

Yay! I received an email for acceptance. I am super excited and hopeful to find some sort of financial aid. I know it will be rough
Hey! I also got accepted into the program having trouble finding housing , or a group for us to all communicate. Or any info on the program for that matter. Would be cool to connect

Hello!
Just wanted to start a thread on anyone applying to CDU's Enhanced Post-bacc this cycle. It has not been posted on the post-bacc liaison site, I called and they told me it should be up by last week so I wondering where we would go to apply?

If anyone has any prior experiences with this program, it would be extremely helpful to post in this thread as there is not as much information on this program.
Did anyone else get waitlisted to the program? I’ve gotten waitlisted and have been waiting, not sure what to do next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.