Charles Drew University Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndianSunshine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted Loyola Marymount University Post bacc program. I haven't heard back from Charles drew university one way or the other. They haven't send me an interview date yet. Has anyone been through their program? Do you know if they are just late in sending out interview dates and times or is this a rejection?

Which one would you go to ? Loyola Marymount university post bacc or Charles Drew University post bacc?

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone interested - I got a call yest from Charles drew for an interview. It is a 30 min interview BUT you have a 21/2 hour entrance exam with them to see where they can place you. I think i might go do the interview and entrance exam but they also said that they don't know if I can transfer courses. It all depends on how well I do on the entrance exam.

I don't really want to retake classes that I am currently taking incase I don't do well so I've made up my mind to go to Loyola. Besides, the loyola program seems more organized and since it is a 4 year school but more class options throughout the year.

How was your interview? What sorts of questions do they ask and for the exam is just basic biology, chemistry, and physics? Is there a certain thing I should study?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
I didn't end up going to their interview. I was a little worried about having to do an exam since I just retook my chem and bio class and I didnt want to have to retake them again just incase my scores didnt come out well. Ive picked loyola. My first summer session starts on May 14.

Hi, I did interview at CDU over the phone b/c I don't live anywhere near LA. It was approximately a 25 min interview that I felt went really well. About 3 weeks later I received an acceptance letter and am planning to go. Anyone have more info bout the entrance exam or the area in general. I feel like I'm more afraid of the location than I am about anything else. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hi, I did interview at CDU over the phone b/c I don't live anywhere near LA. It was approximately a 25 min interview that I felt went really well. About 3 weeks later I received an acceptance letter and am planning to go. Anyone have more info bout the entrance exam or the area in general. I feel like I'm more afraid of the location than I am about anything else. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hi I'm starting the program too and am from LA. The area where the school is has improved a lot over the years and crime is down significantly, but the fact is it is still urban, lower income, with pockets of "unsafe", not in direct vicinity of the school. Frankly, I think the USC area is less safe for students than CDU area. I feel its relatively safer now, but if you're not familiar with the area as a whole, at the wrong times (like late night) , yes, it can definitely be sketchy. But LA is a big place and there are lots of areas close to the school, relatively good commute times (for LA standards) that you can live in.

Has anyone else been accepted and have you heard anything from the program coordinators as of July?

Has anyone applied to the program for 2013 entry? I just completed my application and now waiting on an admission decision.

I just recently applied and I'm waiting for an admissions decision as well. Any insight on the interview and exam process, anyone? I am doing both next week!

Last edited:
Bump... Looking for any updated information...