Charles or Semmelweis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

v1ss1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm really confused on which of the two countries to choose. I'm going in medical school this coming academic year, I've applied for the entrance exam in both,(Charles Uni in Prague and Semmelweis in Budapest).
If I get accepted in both I have no idea on where to go.

A doctor I met told me he heard that Semmelweis is a good university but way too harsh, and there's no reason for getting myself in such a trouble since the place I'll do my specialty will count in the end.

I don't expect Charles Uni in Prague to be easy of course, just maybe not as harsh as some say that Semmelweis is.

Actually, I have checked the daily schedules for every academic year in both unies, Semmelweis seems pushy in the 1st 2 years, Charles Uni seems pushy throught :confused:

Don't misunderstand me guys, I know medicine is a tough subject and of course I wanna go to a good university(not the easiest).

Any suggestions pls?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Semmelweis!

I put the same questions to my English program-friends several times. They all chose Budapest cause this university has a good recommendation by it's better organised and structured profile concerning the studies, books, extra possibilities, student life than Prague.
If u were a vet student, I would recommend a check or slovak university, since veterinary studies are better there.
But as a medicine degree Semmelweis has an excellent reputation.

Im a 6th year student from Semmelweis and I love Prague;)

Hi all,
I'm really confused on which of the two countries to choose. I'm going in medical school this coming academic year, I've applied for the entrance exam in both,(Charles Uni in Prague and Semmelweis in Budapest).
If I get accepted in both I have no idea on where to go.

A doctor I met told me he heard that Semmelweis is a good university but way too harsh, and there's no reason for getting myself in such a trouble since the place I'll do my specialty will count in the end.

I don't expect Charles Uni in Prague to be easy of course, just maybe not as harsh as some say that Semmelweis is.

Actually, I have checked the daily schedules for every academic year in both unies, Semmelweis seems pushy in the 1st 2 years, Charles Uni seems pushy throught :confused:

Don't misunderstand me guys, I know medicine is a tough subject and of course I wanna go to a good university(not the easiest).

Any suggestions pls?:confused:[/quote]

oh thx! i 'll keep that in mind :)

Would you consider that there's enough time for studying though in Semmelweis? Especially the first 2 years?