Charles University in Prague

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xXFemmeFataleXx

....HI!.....:D
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into universities that I want to go to when I graduate high school, and I am looking into CU. I would like to know what the tuition is for 1st fac., I want to be a dermatologist, and would also like to know if this would be an appropriate university for that field of study and (I know, lots of questions) If I would be able to practice in the U.S. after going there. I would really love it if someone could help me out :):confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there xxFemaleFatalxx, I'm a student of the First Fac. The tuition for this year is 11,500 Euros ($16,872). Czech Republic is in general known for it's cosmetology (and other related fields). However, if you want to go back to the US and practice dermatology, it's pretty much impossible for that.

I suggest you get good MCAT scores and get into a medical school in the US itself if you want to do dermatology. Also you should be in the top 1-2% of your class throughout med school as dermatology is a top field that is only given to American citizens who have studied in the US (or sometimes Canada). Radiation oncology is a similar field which is impossible to get into as a foreign medical graduate.

If you have any questions regarding the univ. feel free to PM me.

Is it possible to give USMLE after the 6 years and do my specialization in the US, provided that it is not dermitology?

Is it possible to give USMLE after the 6 years and do my specialization in the US, provided that it is not dermitology?
If it's a less competitive field like family medicine or internal medicine then yes it is possible. still would be challenging but i know of several doctors who have done it and have come from various non US medical schools (unlike fields like dermatology and orthopedic surgery where it's 99.9% impossible)