Charlotte vs. Louisville

Started by PMRgirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PMRgirl

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around these boards for a while and really think the information is great! I am in a bit of a dilemma with rank lists needing to be in soon and am looking for advice or experiences you all can share. Love the U of L program and it also is close to my family. But Charlotte's program at Carolinas Rehabilitation was incredible. Right now it's a wash between the two and I am having a really hard time deciding which to rank first.

Did anyone else interview/do a rotation/or anything at either of these programs? Or, have any experiences with the cities? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks! 🙂
 
Interviewed at Louisville, and I really liked it. Seemed like they give you the small program attention, while giving you good hands on exposure.
I felt the small size was the only drawback in my mind. If I were ranking the small programs solely, Louisville would have been number one.
 
Go with the one closer to family. You never know when its gunna be important to be close to family.

Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a rotation at Carolinas & loved it. (Would've ranked it #1 except that husband ended up elsewhere for residency, so I had to follow him.) Great people there, and the city is wonderful. Don't know anything about Louisville. Go with your gut on this one! (PS Agree that it's nice to be close to family. I had to move far away & really miss 'em!)
 
Charlotte has far more of a national reputation, for what that's worth.

You know how the the RIC folks always talk about networking? Charlotte is part of the Kessler network, so to speak.
 
I also rotated at CIR and really liked it. Great city, people and program. Would have ranked higher if they had better MSK exposure, which, I believe by now they have taken some steps to improve. Since I interviewed a while back it looks like they've hired some PM&R/pain/MSK folks. Maybe one of the CIR folks could chime in on that.