ChatGPT is able to scrape MGMA data

Started by Srk12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Srk12

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ask ChatGPT some geographic specific questions and it will spit out some data most of the time. I can’t imagine it made it up but it’s possible.

Example - I asked west USA GI salary percentiles and it gave me the following. Good luck on your journey.


The compensation for gastroenterologists in the Western United States varies by percentile, according to data from MGMA. Here are the reported salary percentiles for gastroenterologists in this region:

- **25th percentile**: Approximately $460,000
- **50th percentile (median)**: Around $535,000
- **75th percentile**: Close to $620,000

These figures indicate a wide range in compensation, reflecting differences in factors such as years of experience, subspecialty, practice setting, and geographic location within the Western region [oai_citation:1,Gastroenterologist compensation 2023: Slight salary dip, still lucrative | MDLinx](https://www.mdlinx.com/exclusive/gastroenterologist-compensation-2023-slight-salary-dip-but-field-remains-lucrative/X3WDXXLDW8t3wOvD4FGTX) [oai_citation:2,Data report: 2022 MGMA DataDive Provider Compensation — Realizing Recovery](https://www.mgma.com/member-tools/data-report-2022-mgma-datadive-provider-compensation-realizing-recovery).

If you need more detailed data or additional percentile breakdowns, you might consider accessing MGMA's comprehensive compensation reports through their DataDive tool [oai_citation:3,Widgets](https://data.mgma.com/Widgets/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=MCFinder.Main).
 
fair warning, it is older data, conversion factor is much lower than real life numbers. don't blindly go by the numbers. review the full package.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ask ChatGPT some geographic specific questions and it will spit out some data most of the time. I can’t imagine it made it up but it’s possible.

Example - I asked west USA GI salary percentiles and it gave me the following. Good luck on your journey.


The compensation for gastroenterologists in the Western United States varies by percentile, according to data from MGMA. Here are the reported salary percentiles for gastroenterologists in this region:

- **25th percentile**: Approximately $460,000
- **50th percentile (median)**: Around $535,000
- **75th percentile**: Close to $620,000

These figures indicate a wide range in compensation, reflecting differences in factors such as years of experience, subspecialty, practice setting, and geographic location within the Western region [oai_citation:1,Gastroenterologist compensation 2023: Slight salary dip, still lucrative | MDLinx](https://www.mdlinx.com/exclusive/gastroenterologist-compensation-2023-slight-salary-dip-but-field-remains-lucrative/X3WDXXLDW8t3wOvD4FGTX) [oai_citation:2,Data report: 2022 MGMA DataDive Provider Compensation — Realizing Recovery](https://www.mgma.com/member-tools/data-report-2022-mgma-datadive-provider-compensation-realizing-recovery).

If you need more detailed data or additional percentile breakdowns, you might consider accessing MGMA's comprehensive compensation reports through their DataDive tool [oai_citation:3,Widgets](https://data.mgma.com/Widgets/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=MCFinder.Main).

I would not trust ChatGPT to give accurate, completely up-to-date data from an enormous and relatively paywalled chart like MGMA's.
 
I would not trust ChatGPT to give accurate, completely up-to-date data from an enormous and relatively paywalled chart like MGMA's.

A lot of info that comes out of ChatGPT is…frankly garbage.

I asked it a number of questions about rheumatology patient scenarios the other day. Its answers ranged from “technically correct, but not really the right thing to do here” to “this is really embarrassing”. I was really unimpressed with it after it whiffed completely on several rheumatology questions that it probably should have been able to handle. I think it’s quite overrated.

You have no idea if it is confabulating data or whatever (which is apparently quite common). If it doesn’t give you precise links that explain exactly where it grabbed this info from, I’d take it with an entire silo of salt.
 
I would not trust ChatGPT to give accurate, completely up-to-date data from an enormous and relatively paywalled chart like MGMA's.

In fact, I just asked ChatGPT about MGMA data for a Midwest rheumatologist and it gave me a long winded response about how it doesn’t have any access to MGMA data.
 
If you are in contract negotiations phase and need access to latest MGMA for an affordable price(under 200), I know a guy.
 
Last edited: