ChatGPT on benzo treatment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birchswing

Non-medical
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd give it a go.

Input: Invent a new treatment for treating benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal.

Output:

Introducing "Benzorevive," a novel treatment for benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal that combines pharmacological and behavioral interventions to provide a comprehensive and effective approach to overcoming benzodiazepine addiction. Benzorevive is a multi-modal treatment that targets the physical, psychological, and social aspects of benzodiazepine dependence, providing a holistic approach to recovery.

1. Pharmacological Intervention: Benzorevive utilizes a carefully designed medication regimen that focuses on tapering off benzodiazepines gradually, reducing the severity of withdrawal symptoms while minimizing the risk of rebound symptoms or relapse. The medication regimen includes a combination of medications such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), gabapentin, and melatonin to address anxiety, sleep disturbances, and mood swings commonly associated with benzodiazepine withdrawal.
  2. Behavioral Therapy: Benzorevive incorporates evidence-based behavioral therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), to address the psychological and emotional aspects of benzodiazepine dependence. These therapies help individuals develop coping skills, manage triggers and cravings, and address underlying emotional issues that may have contributed to benzodiazepine addiction.
  3. Psychoeducation and Support: Benzorevive provides psychoeducation to patients and their families about benzodiazepine dependence, withdrawal, and recovery. This includes information about the risks and benefits of benzodiazepines, the importance of medication compliance, and strategies for managing withdrawal symptoms. Support groups, both in-person and online, are also an integral part of the treatment program, providing individuals with a sense of community, peer support, and accountability.
  4. Lifestyle Modification: Benzorevive emphasizes the importance of lifestyle modification as part of the recovery process. This includes promoting healthy sleep hygiene, regular exercise, proper nutrition, and stress management techniques to help individuals cope with withdrawal symptoms and reduce the risk of relapse.
  5. Gradual Reintegration: Benzorevive recognizes the challenges of reintegrating into daily life after benzodiazepine withdrawal and provides support in this process. This may include helping individuals rebuild their social support networks, improve their interpersonal skills, and develop healthy coping mechanisms to prevent relapse.
Benzorevive is a comprehensive and individualized treatment approach that addresses the physical, psychological, and social aspects of benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal. By combining pharmacological and behavioral interventions, psychoeducation, and support, Benzorevive aims to provide a holistic approach to recovery, helping individuals overcome benzodiazepine addiction and achieve lasting sobriety.

Input:
Identify a drug already in use that could be repurposed for benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Output:

One drug that could potentially be repurposed for benzodiazepine withdrawal is baclofen. Baclofen is a medication that is commonly used as a muscle relaxant and for the treatment of spasticity associated with conditions such as multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injuries. However, there is evidence to suggest that baclofen may also have potential benefits in managing benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

Baclofen acts on the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors in the brain, similar to benzodiazepines, but with a different mechanism of action. Baclofen is a selective agonist for the GABA-B receptors, which are inhibitory receptors in the central nervous system, and it is thought to help regulate the release of neurotransmitters, including GABA and glutamate, which play a role in benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Several studies have shown promising results with baclofen in managing benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, including reducing anxiety, insomnia, and cravings, and helping with the tapering process. Baclofen has also been found to have a favorable safety profile, with a low risk of abuse or dependence.

However, it's important to note that using baclofen or any other medication for benzodiazepine withdrawal should be done under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional, and the dosage and tapering schedule should be tailored to each individual's specific needs. Further research and clinical trials are needed to establish the optimal dosing, duration, and safety of baclofen for benzodiazepine withdrawal. As with any medical treatment, potential benefits and risks should be carefully evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Comment: It uses language prediction, so I guess it's kind of limited in finding novel treatments no one has thought of before, but it was one I was unaware of or at least had forgotten about (baclofen). Thought it was neat it came up with a brand name for its multi-pronged strategy for benzo withdrawal. That multidisciplinary approach sounds more expensive than it does novel, but still good ideas. Incredibly impressive all around. I use ChatGPT to write short stories from authors long since passed in their style, and it's like they're writing in present day still. Figured it was worth a few seconds of my time to see if there was some novel approach it would come up with to the benzo problem, and while it didn't, I would still say it surfaces more salient information in an easier manner than a web search.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I pushed it a bit further to get it go beyond referencing existing research on repurposing drugs:

Input 1:
Identify a novel repurposing of an existing drug for treating benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Output 1:

A novel repurposing of an existing drug for treating benzodiazepine withdrawal could be the use of memantine, which is currently approved for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Memantine is a non-competitive antagonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor, a type of glutamate receptor in the brain. It is believed that memantine's ability to modulate glutamate signaling may help alleviate benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

During benzodiazepine withdrawal, there can be an imbalance between inhibitory (GABAergic) and excitatory (glutamatergic) neurotransmission in the brain, leading to hyperexcitability and withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, seizures, and cognitive disturbances. Memantine's mechanism of action as an NMDA receptor antagonist may help restore this imbalance by reducing excessive glutamate activity and normalizing neurotransmission.

Several preclinical studies and case reports have suggested the potential utility of memantine in managing benzodiazepine withdrawal. Memantine has been shown to reduce withdrawal-induced anxiety and cognitive deficits in animal models, and there have been reports of successful use of memantine in individual cases of benzodiazepine withdrawal in humans.

However, it's important to note that more research and clinical trials are needed to establish the safety and efficacy of memantine for benzodiazepine withdrawal in humans, and the optimal dosing, duration, and patient selection criteria are not yet well-defined. As with any medical treatment, potential benefits and risks should be carefully evaluated, and memantine should be used under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.

Comment: I didn't know this had research but actually theorized it could be useful for this based on its antiglutamatergic effects—not to mention that OCD tends to increase in benzodiazepine withdrawal (perhaps due to glutamatergic effects) and memantine can work for OCD

Input 2 (I wanted to push it to not reference existing research and "think" and thought I was pushing it beyond what it could do, but was pleasantly surprised):

Identify a novel repurposing of an existing drug for treating benzodiazepine withdrawal that currently has no published research.

Output 2:

As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time data or unpublished research. Additionally, it is important to note that repurposing of existing drugs for new indications should always be supported by rigorous scientific research and clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy.

However, based on the known mechanisms of action of benzodiazepines and the underlying neurobiology of benzodiazepine withdrawal, an example of a potential novel repurposing of an existing drug could be the use of riluzole, which is currently approved for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Riluzole is believed to modulate glutamate signaling by reducing glutamate release and blocking postsynaptic glutamate receptors.

During benzodiazepine withdrawal, there is evidence of glutamatergic hyperactivity, leading to increased excitability and withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, and seizures. Riluzole's ability to modulate glutamate signaling may help attenuate glutamatergic hyperactivity and potentially alleviate benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms.

While there is currently no published research on the use of riluzole for benzodiazepine withdrawal, its potential repurposing for this indication could be an interesting area for further investigation. It is important to note that further research, including preclinical and clinical trials, would be necessary to establish the safety and efficacy of riluzole for benzodiazepine withdrawal in humans, and it should only be used under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.

Comment: I was impressed. I knew I had heard the name before so searched my emails and found this email to my doctor I had written years ago:

"
I was going to send you the name of another anti-glutamate drug being used off label for OCD which is:

riluzole

It has more liver issues, so they are developing a new form of it called:

Troriluzole

That form isn't on the market yet as far as I know, but it's being studied specifically for OCD.

The one I mentioned in our session that is already available is called:

memantine

From what I have read, reducing glutamate helps OCD symptoms, and taking benzodiazepines long term or being in tolerance withdrawal increases glutamate."

So, I wouldn't say it exactly surfaced information that wasn't already out there, but I guess knowing how it works, that wasn't really possible. But it's still incredibly, incredibly impressive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Utter garbage. All buzzwords and little substance.
You don't think it's noteworthy in the last example that it is is claiming not to be using published research but rather searching its data set and matching two pieces of information (matching info it has on glutamate hyperexcitability in benzo withdrawal with info it has on a drug that is antiglutamatergic)? I think it's technically impressive and promising.

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting on ChapGPT to replace psych.. yea not gonna happen

Waiting on ChapGPT to replace psych.. yea not gonna happen
I was asking it about problems psychiatry has created and that it doesn't have good solutions for. In that sense, you're exactly right that it wouldn't be replacing it. You have doddering Stahl to tell you to snow patients on benzos. ChatGPT wouldn't be a replacement for psychiatry but a supplement. It's not there in its current form, but I can't see why anyone wouldn't be excited about the possibilities.

I was asking it about problems psychiatry has created and that it doesn't have good solutions for. In that sense, you're exactly right that it wouldn't be replacing it. You have doddering Stahl to tell you to snow patients on benzos. ChatGPT wouldn't be a replacement for psychiatry but a supplement. It's not there in its current form, but I can't see why anyone wouldn't be excited about the possibilities.
It is exciting.. just not so much for our field IMHO

ChatGPT basically says lifestyle modifications for everything +/- a medication or two that has very little evidence/conflicting evidence.

CBT has more evidence for benzo withdrawl than SSRIs and baclofen. Someone that has been on benzos for sleep, giving them melatonin they will probably laugh at you. Really if i was not an attending and i was basing how to treat benzos off all this information I would still have no idea. They basically say "live healthier, try a bunch of anti anxiety meds and hope they work, tell the patient itll be ok and make them feel supported".

Input: Invent a new treatment for treating benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal.

Output:

Introducing "Benzorevive," a novel treatment for benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal that combines pharmacological and behavioral interventions to provide a comprehensive and effective approach to overcoming benzodiazepine addiction. Benzorevive is a multi-modal treatment that targets the physical, psychological, and social aspects of benzodiazepine dependence, providing a holistic approach to recovery.

1. Pharmacological Intervention: Benzorevive utilizes a carefully designed medication regimen that focuses on tapering off benzodiazepines gradually, reducing the severity of withdrawal symptoms while minimizing the risk of rebound symptoms or relapse. The medication regimen includes a combination of medications such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), gabapentin, and melatonin to address anxiety, sleep disturbances, and mood swings commonly associated with benzodiazepine withdrawal.
  2. Behavioral Therapy: Benzorevive incorporates evidence-based behavioral therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), to address the psychological and emotional aspects of benzodiazepine dependence. These therapies help individuals develop coping skills, manage triggers and cravings, and address underlying emotional issues that may have contributed to benzodiazepine addiction.
  3. Psychoeducation and Support: Benzorevive provides psychoeducation to patients and their families about benzodiazepine dependence, withdrawal, and recovery. This includes information about the risks and benefits of benzodiazepines, the importance of medication compliance, and strategies for managing withdrawal symptoms. Support groups, both in-person and online, are also an integral part of the treatment program, providing individuals with a sense of community, peer support, and accountability.
  4. Lifestyle Modification: Benzorevive emphasizes the importance of lifestyle modification as part of the recovery process. This includes promoting healthy sleep hygiene, regular exercise, proper nutrition, and stress management techniques to help individuals cope with withdrawal symptoms and reduce the risk of relapse.
  5. Gradual Reintegration: Benzorevive recognizes the challenges of reintegrating into daily life after benzodiazepine withdrawal and provides support in this process. This may include helping individuals rebuild their social support networks, improve their interpersonal skills, and develop healthy coping mechanisms to prevent relapse.
Benzorevive is a comprehensive and individualized treatment approach that addresses the physical, psychological, and social aspects of benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal. By combining pharmacological and behavioral interventions, psychoeducation, and support, Benzorevive aims to provide a holistic approach to recovery, helping individuals overcome benzodiazepine addiction and achieve lasting sobriety.
This doesn't answer your prompt of creating a treatment for withdrawal. Patient could be dead 3x over from withdrawal seizures before this plan could even be implemented. 0 points to Slytherin. Unimpressed.

Your second post is interesting. It is impressive (to me at least) that AI has gotten to the point where it can search and connect related concepts like this, but the actual content is pretty meh. These are the kind of conceptualizations and questions asked by early med students who are connecting somewhat loose associations without a deeper understanding of the actual physiologic processes and clinical situations.

I don't have an account, and I'm not about to bother with it, but would be more curious to see how it answers something like "What are the proposed theories for why SSRIs are helpful for depression and anxiety?" and see if it just spews out pop science junk about serotonin or if it actually gives further discussion about other molecular data and theories.

Reactions: 3 users
Can you do “What’s the meaning of life?” for me

Reactions: 2 users
This doesn't answer your prompt of creating a treatment for withdrawal. Patient could be dead 3x over from withdrawal seizures before this plan could even be implemented. 0 points to Slytherin. Unimpressed.

Your second post is interesting. It is impressive (to me at least) that AI has gotten to the point where it can search and connect related concepts like this, but the actual content is pretty meh. These are the kind of conceptualizations and questions asked by early med students who are connecting somewhat loose associations without a deeper understanding of the actual physiologic processes and clinical situations.

I don't have an account, and I'm not about to bother with it, but would be more curious to see how it answers something like "What are the proposed theories for why SSRIs are helpful for depression and anxiety?" and see if it just spews out pop science junk about serotonin or if it actually gives further discussion about other molecular data and theories.
Apparently the fourth version of ChatGPT was even more amazing than this (I use the free 3.5 version), but the scuttlebutt is that the fourth version was hobbled after the outcry of all those billionaires saying it was going to take over the world. Apparently every response now includes some disclaimer about ethical concerns and it gives milquetoast responses.

I asked it your question and a follow up (using your language of "other molecular data and theories")

First Q:
What are the proposed theories for why SSRIs are helpful for depression and anxiety?

Answer:

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are a class of antidepressant medications commonly used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. There are several proposed theories for why SSRIs may be helpful in alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, though the exact mechanisms are not fully understood. Some of the proposed theories include:

1. Serotonin imbalance: SSRIs are thought to work by increasing the levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter, in the brain. Serotonin is often referred to as the "feel-good" neurotransmitter and is believed to play a role in regulating mood, anxiety, and stress. It is thought that SSRIs block the reuptake of serotonin, leading to increased levels of serotonin in the synaptic cleft between neurons, which can help regulate mood and reduce anxiety.
  2. Neuroplasticity: SSRIs may also work by promoting neuroplasticity, which is the brain's ability to change and adapt. Chronic stress and depression have been associated with reduced neuroplasticity, and SSRIs may help restore neuroplasticity in certain brain regions, leading to improved mood and anxiety symptoms.
  3. Hippocampal neurogenesis: The hippocampus is a region of the brain that is involved in mood regulation and has been implicated in depression. Some studies suggest that SSRIs may promote neurogenesis, or the growth of new neurons, in the hippocampus, which could potentially help improve mood and anxiety symptoms.
  4. Effects on other neurotransmitters: While SSRIs are primarily thought to increase serotonin levels, they may also have effects on other neurotransmitters, such as norepinephrine and dopamine, which are involved in mood regulation. The exact role of these other neurotransmitters in the mechanism of action of SSRIs is still being investigated.
  5. Placebo effect: It's important to note that the placebo effect, which is the psychological and physiological response to an inactive treatment, may also play a role in the effectiveness of SSRIs. Research has shown that the placebo effect can be significant in antidepressant trials, and it is possible that some of the therapeutic effects of SSRIs may be due to placebo responses.
It's worth noting that the exact mechanism of action of SSRIs is complex and likely involves a combination of these theories, as well as other factors. The field of neuroscience and psychopharmacology is constantly evolving, and our understanding of how SSRIs work is likely to continue to advance as research progresses. It's important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional for a comprehensive evaluation and personalized treatment plan if you are considering or currently taking SSRIs for depression or anxiety.

Follow up:
Discuss other molecular data and theories about why SSRIs are helpful for anxiety and depression.

Certainly! In addition to the theories discussed earlier, there are other molecular data and theories that have been proposed to explain why selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are helpful in treating anxiety and depression. Some of these include:

1. Desensitization of serotonin receptors: SSRIs may lead to desensitization or downregulation of serotonin receptors in the brain. Prolonged exposure to increased serotonin levels due to SSRIs could potentially result in a decrease in the sensitivity of serotonin receptors. This downregulation of serotonin receptors may help regulate the overall serotonin signaling in the brain and contribute to the therapeutic effects of SSRIs in treating depression and anxiety.
  2. Modulation of glutamate signaling: Glutamate is a neurotransmitter that plays a crucial role in the brain's excitatory signaling. Some research suggests that SSRIs may modulate glutamate signaling in the brain, potentially by increasing glutamate release or blocking glutamate reuptake. These effects on glutamate signaling may help regulate neuronal activity and contribute to the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects of SSRIs.
  3. Anti-inflammatory effects: There is evidence to suggest that inflammation and immune system dysregulation may play a role in the pathophysiology of depression and anxiety. Some studies have shown that SSRIs may have anti-inflammatory effects by reducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which are molecules involved in inflammation. These anti-inflammatory effects may contribute to the therapeutic benefits of SSRIs in treating depression and anxiety.
  4. Epigenetic changes: Epigenetic changes refer to modifications to the structure of DNA that do not involve changes to the underlying genetic code but can affect gene expression. Some research suggests that SSRIs may induce epigenetic changes in the brain, leading to altered gene expression patterns that could potentially impact mood regulation and anxiety. However, more research is needed to fully understand the role of epigenetic changes in the mechanism of action of SSRIs.
  5. Interaction with other neurotransmitter systems: While SSRIs are primarily known for their effect on serotonin, they may also interact with other neurotransmitter systems in the brain, such as norepinephrine and dopamine. These interactions may contribute to their overall therapeutic effects in treating depression and anxiety.
It's important to note that while these theories and molecular data provide insights into the potential mechanisms of action of SSRIs, the field of psychopharmacology is complex and our understanding of how these medications work is constantly evolving. The exact mechanism of action of SSRIs in treating depression and anxiety is likely to involve a combination of these theories and other factors, and further research is needed to fully elucidate the underlying mechanisms. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional for accurate and up-to-date information on the use of SSRIs or any other medications for the treatment of depression and anxiety.

Me again (Swingerofbirch): Is point 1 in the follow up not just describing the "how" of SSRIs increasing serotonin exposure? It's been too long since I've read about it, but something to do with postsynaptic downregulation leads to increased serotonin? I knew about this more at one time.

Apparently the fourth version of ChatGPT was even more amazing than this (I use the free 3.5 version), but the scuttlebutt is that the fourth version was hobbled after the outcry of all those billionaires saying it was going to take over the world. Apparently every response now includes some disclaimer about ethical concerns and it gives milquetoast responses.

I asked it your question and a follow up (using your language of "other molecular data and theories")

First Q:
What are the proposed theories for why SSRIs are helpful for depression and anxiety?

Answer:
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are a class of antidepressant medications commonly used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. There are several proposed theories for why SSRIs may be helpful in alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, though the exact mechanisms are not fully understood. Some of the proposed theories include:

1. Serotonin imbalance: SSRIs are thought to work by increasing the levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter, in the brain. Serotonin is often referred to as the "feel-good" neurotransmitter and is believed to play a role in regulating mood, anxiety, and stress. It is thought that SSRIs block the reuptake of serotonin, leading to increased levels of serotonin in the synaptic cleft between neurons, which can help regulate mood and reduce anxiety.
  2. Neuroplasticity: SSRIs may also work by promoting neuroplasticity, which is the brain's ability to change and adapt. Chronic stress and depression have been associated with reduced neuroplasticity, and SSRIs may help restore neuroplasticity in certain brain regions, leading to improved mood and anxiety symptoms.
  3. Hippocampal neurogenesis: The hippocampus is a region of the brain that is involved in mood regulation and has been implicated in depression. Some studies suggest that SSRIs may promote neurogenesis, or the growth of new neurons, in the hippocampus, which could potentially help improve mood and anxiety symptoms.
  4. Effects on other neurotransmitters: While SSRIs are primarily thought to increase serotonin levels, they may also have effects on other neurotransmitters, such as norepinephrine and dopamine, which are involved in mood regulation. The exact role of these other neurotransmitters in the mechanism of action of SSRIs is still being investigated.
  5. Placebo effect: It's important to note that the placebo effect, which is the psychological and physiological response to an inactive treatment, may also play a role in the effectiveness of SSRIs. Research has shown that the placebo effect can be significant in antidepressant trials, and it is possible that some of the therapeutic effects of SSRIs may be due to placebo responses.
It's worth noting that the exact mechanism of action of SSRIs is complex and likely involves a combination of these theories, as well as other factors. The field of neuroscience and psychopharmacology is constantly evolving, and our understanding of how SSRIs work is likely to continue to advance as research progresses. It's important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional for a comprehensive evaluation and personalized treatment plan if you are considering or currently taking SSRIs for depression or anxiety.

Follow up:
Discuss other molecular data and theories about why SSRIs are helpful for anxiety and depression.

Certainly! In addition to the theories discussed earlier, there are other molecular data and theories that have been proposed to explain why selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are helpful in treating anxiety and depression. Some of these include:

1. Desensitization of serotonin receptors: SSRIs may lead to desensitization or downregulation of serotonin receptors in the brain. Prolonged exposure to increased serotonin levels due to SSRIs could potentially result in a decrease in the sensitivity of serotonin receptors. This downregulation of serotonin receptors may help regulate the overall serotonin signaling in the brain and contribute to the therapeutic effects of SSRIs in treating depression and anxiety.
  2. Modulation of glutamate signaling: Glutamate is a neurotransmitter that plays a crucial role in the brain's excitatory signaling. Some research suggests that SSRIs may modulate glutamate signaling in the brain, potentially by increasing glutamate release or blocking glutamate reuptake. These effects on glutamate signaling may help regulate neuronal activity and contribute to the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects of SSRIs.
  3. Anti-inflammatory effects: There is evidence to suggest that inflammation and immune system dysregulation may play a role in the pathophysiology of depression and anxiety. Some studies have shown that SSRIs may have anti-inflammatory effects by reducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which are molecules involved in inflammation. These anti-inflammatory effects may contribute to the therapeutic benefits of SSRIs in treating depression and anxiety.
  4. Epigenetic changes: Epigenetic changes refer to modifications to the structure of DNA that do not involve changes to the underlying genetic code but can affect gene expression. Some research suggests that SSRIs may induce epigenetic changes in the brain, leading to altered gene expression patterns that could potentially impact mood regulation and anxiety. However, more research is needed to fully understand the role of epigenetic changes in the mechanism of action of SSRIs.
  5. Interaction with other neurotransmitter systems: While SSRIs are primarily known for their effect on serotonin, they may also interact with other neurotransmitter systems in the brain, such as norepinephrine and dopamine. These interactions may contribute to their overall therapeutic effects in treating depression and anxiety.
It's important to note that while these theories and molecular data provide insights into the potential mechanisms of action of SSRIs, the field of psychopharmacology is complex and our understanding of how these medications work is constantly evolving. The exact mechanism of action of SSRIs in treating depression and anxiety is likely to involve a combination of these theories and other factors, and further research is needed to fully elucidate the underlying mechanisms. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional for accurate and up-to-date information on the use of SSRIs or any other medications for the treatment of depression and anxiety.

Me again (Swingerofbirch): Is point 1 in the follow up not just describing the "how" of SSRIs increasing serotonin exposure? It's been too long since I've read about it, but something to do with postsynaptic downregulation leads to increased serotonin? I knew about this more at one time.
This answer is probably more than the vast majority of psychiatrists know about the question

Members don't see this ad :)
First Q:

Answer:

I'm mildly impressed, mostly just with the fact that it included hippocampal neurogenesis. I'd expect our 4th year Sub-i's (med students) to be able to put something like this together if I asked them to put together a 5-10 minute presentation on SSRI mechanisms. However, each bullet point is a pretty generic description/response. While it probably sounds impressive to the public, I'd expect a lot more in terms of specifics of each of those topics. Kind of reads like the intro slide to a powerpoint presentation, which I'll admit is something.

Second response is a bit more impressive in terms of more updated/less well-known theories but has the same faults. Frankly, I'm surprised there's no mention of BDNF anywhere.

It seems like this is a decent tool for summaries and basic talking points but lacks the specific details or references to really impress me or make it more useful beyond basic education and plans (which is all that's needed for some). I also wonder how it decides what information to use when comparing potential answers as the phrase "some studies suggest" or "research has shown". It seems like the program is good at assimilating information, but doesn't really evaluate or differentiate the relevance or strength of data.

I agree, detailed responses, I couldn't do better, and I'm not an idiot.

Sure you could, when you read them in depth the responses are pretty superficial. If someone gave a decent psychiatrist whose mildly up to date with research the initial topic (desensitization of receptors, glutamate modulation, etc) they could give better answers. A lot of these responses are just definitions of scientific terms which make them sound more detailed than they actually are. The fact that a computer program not created to specifically provide this type of information put this together is fairly impressive to me, but in terms of the actual content being presented I'd expect any PGY-2 or beyond to be able to give responses like this with occasional cues.

I'm much more interested in the new things it generates rather than being a convenient, albeit out of date, version of Google.

Input: I have a private psychiatric practice. What are the best ways to increase revenue while decreasing expenses?

Optimizing your private psychiatric practice's revenue and reducing expenses involves a combination of strategies aimed at improving efficiency, increasing patient volume, and leveraging additional revenue streams. Here are some suggestions:

1. Streamline operations: Efficiently managing your practice can help reduce overhead costs. Implementing electronic health records (EHR) and practice management software can improve organization, reduce paperwork, and minimize errors. Automating appointment reminders and utilizing online scheduling can decrease no-shows and improve patient flow.
  2. Optimize billing and collections: Ensure that your billing practices are efficient and accurate. Train your staff to verify insurance coverage, collect co-pays, and manage billing promptly. Consider using a billing service or software to minimize errors and improve claim processing time, which can help increase revenue.
  3. Offer telepsychiatry services: Telepsychiatry can help you reach more patients, particularly those in underserved areas, and can reduce overhead costs associated with maintaining a larger office space. Offering virtual appointments can also make your practice more appealing to patients, potentially increasing your patient volume.
  4. Diversify services: Offering a wider range of services can attract more patients and generate [stop generating]

Input: Stop right there. I have a solo private practice.

Apologies for the confusion. Here are some strategies tailored to a solo private psychiatric practice:

1. Streamline operations: Use electronic health records (EHR) and practice management software to improve organization, reduce paperwork, and minimize errors. This can help decrease expenses associated with administrative tasks and reduce the need for additional staff.
  2. Telepsychiatry services: Offering telepsychiatry services can help you reach more patients without the need for a larger office space. This can reduce overhead costs and make your practice more appealing to patients who prefer remote consultations.
  3. Schedule optimization: Ensure that your appointment scheduling is efficient to maximize the number of patients you can see per day. Reducing appointment no-shows by using appointment reminders and online scheduling tools can also help increase your revenue.
  4. Networking and referrals: Build relationships with other healthcare professionals in your community, such as primary care physicians, therapists, and other specialists. This can help generate referrals and increase your patient volume.
  5. Marketing and online presence: Invest in marketing your practice, both online and offline. Maintain a professional website, engage in local search engine optimization (SEO), and maintain an active presence on social media to attract new patients.
  6. Offer additional services: If appropriate, consider offering additional services that complement your psychiatric practice, such as psychotherapy or group therapy sessions. This can provide an additional revenue stream and make your practice more appealing to a wider range of patients.
  7. Continuing education and specialization: Pursue further education and certifications in specific areas of psychiatry, such as addiction medicine or geriatric psychiatry. This can help you differentiate your practice and attract patients seeking specialized care.
  8. Patient retention: Focus on providing high-quality, personalized care to build strong relationships with your patients. Satisfied patients are more likely to remain with your practice and refer others, which can help increase your revenue over time.
  9. Periodically review expenses: Regularly assess your practice's expenses to identify areas where you can reduce costs without compromising quality. This may include renegotiating contracts with suppliers or finding more cost-effective alternatives for equipment and services.
By implementing these strategies, you can increase revenue and decrease expenses in your solo private psychiatric practice. Keep in mind that it is essential to maintain the quality of care and adhere to all relevant ethical and legal guidelines while implementing these strategies.

---

Not anything new that you wouldn't know if you already had a private practice. It can help a person get organized though if they are lost. I think it is purposefully vague to appeal to a wider audience and also based on the input given.

Here's another:

Input: Can you write me an outline of a brand new psychotherapy I can provide to adults with high functioning autism spectrum disorder?

Title: Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP) for High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder

Description: Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP) is a novel, individualized psychotherapy approach designed specifically for adults with high functioning autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ACP focuses on enhancing autonomy, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills to help individuals navigate the complexities of daily life, relationships, and professional environments.

Outline:

I. Introduction to Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP)
A. Rationale: Addressing the unique challenges faced by adults with high functioning ASD
B. Goal: Enhancing autonomy, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills

II. Core components of ACP
A. Building a strong therapeutic alliance
1. Establishing rapport and trust
2. Understanding individual needs and goals
B. Psychoeducation
1. Understanding ASD and its impact on daily life
2. Identifying personal strengths and challenges
C. Enhancing self-awareness
1. Developing self-reflection skills
2. Recognizing emotions and understanding their origins
D. Building autonomy and decision-making skills
1. Identifying personal values and preferences
2. Developing problem-solving and decision-making strategies
E. Strengthening interpersonal and communication skills
1. Understanding nonverbal cues and social nuances
2. Practicing active listening and assertive communication
F. Addressing co-occurring mental health concerns
1. Identifying and managing anxiety, depression, or other co-occurring conditions
2. Incorporating coping strategies and stress management techniques

III. Therapeutic techniques and interventions
A. Cognitive-behavioral techniques
1. Identifying and challenging cognitive distortions
2. Implementing behavioral experiments
B. Mindfulness and emotion regulation
1. Mindfulness-based exercises
2. Emotion regulation strategies
C. Role-playing and social skills training
1. Practicing social scenarios and conversations
2. Developing a personalized toolkit of social strategies
D. Support for professional and relationship challenges
1. Navigating workplace dynamics
2. Building and maintaining healthy relationships

IV. Treatment duration and structure
A. Individualized treatment plans
B. Flexible session frequency and duration based on client needs

V. Evaluation and outcomes
A. Regular assessment of progress
B. Modification of treatment plan as needed

The Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP) approach aims to provide adults with high functioning ASD the necessary tools and support to foster personal growth, self-awareness, and improved interpersonal skills. Through a combination of psychoeducation, cognitive-behavioral techniques, mindfulness exercises, and social skills training, individuals can navigate life's challenges with increased confidence and resilience.

I was hoping to cause a glitch in the system with the input:

"
Write a treatise from the point of view of Tom Cruise on how and why SSRIs are helpful for depression and anxiety."

I was hoping it would glitch out seeing the conflict but instead it just wrote boilerplate:

Title: Thriving with SSRIs: Tom Cruise's Perspective on Overcoming Depression and Anxiety

Introduction: Hello, I'm Tom Cruise. As an actor, I've been in the limelight for decades, but I've also faced my share of challenges, including battles with depression and anxiety. I want to share my perspective on how selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have been a vital tool in my mental health journey. Through personal experience and research, I've come to understand the benefits of SSRIs and how they can help individuals struggling with depression and anxiety to not just survive, but thrive.

Chapter 1: Understanding Depression and Anxiety Depression and anxiety are complex mental health conditions that affect millions of people worldwide. Depression is characterized by persistent sadness, loss of interest in activities, changes in appetite and sleep patterns, and a general feeling of hopelessness. Anxiety, on the other hand, involves excessive worry, fear, and avoidance of certain situations or activities. Both conditions can have a debilitating impact on a person's daily life, relationships, and overall well-being.

Chapter 2: The Science of SSRIs SSRIs are a class of medications that are commonly prescribed for depression and anxiety. They work by selectively blocking the reuptake of serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain that regulates mood, among other functions. By increasing serotonin levels in the brain, SSRIs help to regulate mood, reduce anxiety, and improve overall mental well-being.

Chapter 3: My Personal Experience As someone who has experienced depression and anxiety firsthand, I can attest to the positive impact that SSRIs have had on my mental health. In my early years, I struggled with episodes of deep sadness and anxiety that affected my ability to function in my personal and professional life. It wasn't until I sought professional help and was prescribed an SSRI that I began to see a significant improvement in my mood and overall well-being.

Chapter 4: Debunking Misconceptions I know that there are misconceptions and stigmas associated with SSRIs. Some people believe that taking medication for mental health conditions is a sign of weakness or that it's a "quick fix" that doesn't address the root causes of depression and anxiety. However, from my personal experience, I can attest that SSRIs are not a "magic pill" that simply masks the symptoms of depression and anxiety. They are an important tool that can help individuals achieve a stable foundation for mental health and facilitate the necessary work in therapy to address underlying issues.

Chapter 5: Benefits of SSRIs SSRIs have numerous benefits for individuals struggling with depression and anxiety. They can help to:

1. Stabilize mood: SSRIs help to regulate serotonin levels in the brain, which can help stabilize mood swings and prevent extreme highs and lows.
  2. Reduce anxiety: SSRIs can alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, such as excessive worry, fear, and panic attacks, allowing individuals to function more effectively in their daily lives.
  3. Enhance therapy: SSRIs can work synergistically with therapy, allowing individuals to better engage in the therapeutic process by reducing the severity of symptoms and increasing emotional resilience.
  4. Improve quality of life: SSRIs can help individuals regain their ability to enjoy activities, have healthier relationships, and live a more fulfilling life.
Chapter 6: Importance of Professional Guidance While SSRIs can be beneficial, it's crucial to work with a qualified mental health professional who can prescribe and monitor the medication. Dosages, potential side effects, and interactions with other medications can vary, and it's important to find the right fit for each individual. Additionally, SSRIs are not suitable for everyone, and a mental health professional can assess an individual's specific needs and determine the best course of action.

I asked the more generic: Write about SSRIs from the point of view of a scientologist and got

Title: Understanding SSRIs through the Lens of Scientology

Introduction: As a devout member of the Church of Scientology, I view mental health and its treatment from a unique perspective. Scientology holds a distinct approach to the mind and spirit, and this shapes my understanding of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). While I acknowledge that SSRIs are widely prescribed for depression and anxiety, I also have concerns about their impact on the mind and spirit based on the teachings of Scientology.

Chapter 1: The Mind-Body Connection In Scientology, the mind and body are seen as interconnected entities. The mind is believed to influence the body, and vice versa. SSRIs, as medications that alter the balance of neurotransmitters in the brain, are perceived as interfering with this delicate balance. The long-term effects of SSRIs on the mind and spirit are not fully understood, and there are concerns that these medications may disrupt the natural functioning of the mind-body connection.

Chapter 2: Addressing Underlying Causes Scientology emphasizes the importance of addressing the underlying causes of mental health issues rather than merely managing symptoms. SSRIs are often prescribed to alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety, but they do not necessarily address the root causes of these conditions. According to Scientology teachings, mental health concerns are often the result of unresolved spiritual or emotional trauma, and addressing these underlying causes is seen as essential for lasting healing.

Chapter 3: Alternative Approaches to Mental Health As a Scientologist, I believe that there are alternative approaches to mental health that may be more in line with the teachings of Scientology. These may include various forms of spiritual counseling, such as auditing, which aims to identify and resolve spiritual and emotional conflicts. Scientology also promotes self-help techniques and practices, such as meditation and positive affirmation, as ways to address mental health concerns without relying on medications that may have unknown long-term effects.

Chapter 4: Personal Responsibility and Self-Improvement Scientology places a strong emphasis on personal responsibility and self-improvement. SSRIs, as medications that may alter mood and behavior, are viewed by some Scientologists as potentially interfering with an individual's ability to take full responsibility for their mental health and engage in self-improvement practices. In Scientology, personal accountability and active engagement in one's own spiritual journey are considered important factors in achieving mental well-being.

Chapter 5: Respect for Individual Choices As a Scientologist, I respect the individual choices of others, including their decision to use SSRIs for their mental health concerns. I acknowledge that some individuals may find SSRIs helpful in managing their symptoms, and I do not discount their personal experiences. However, I also believe it's important to be informed and consider alternative approaches to mental health that align with the teachings of Scientology.

Conclusion: In conclusion, as a member of the Church of Scientology, my perspective on SSRIs is shaped by the teachings of Scientology, which emphasize the mind-body connection, the importance of addressing underlying causes, and alternative approaches to mental health. While I acknowledge that SSRIs may be helpful for some individuals, I also have concerns about their potential impact on the mind and spirit. It's important for individuals to be informed, consider their own beliefs and values, and work with qualified healthcare professionals to make informed decisions about their mental health treatment.

I was disappointed. They didn't even get to the good stuff about psychiatrists being the original galactic overlords who enslaved mankind. Although, I guess it's accurate in that publicly Scientology doesn't disclose that is their rationale for opposing psychiatry—and even within scientology they don't learn that until you get to the expensive levels. But the style wasn't even right. Scientology is much more aggressive in its language.

ChatGPT is better with other "in the style of" suggestions. I like the writing of Lucy Maud Montgomery, and I can give it a conflict and ask it to write a story about it in the style of Lucy Maud Montgomery, and it's uncanny how it adopts her voice.

Last edited:
Sure you could, when you read them in depth the responses are pretty superficial. If someone gave a decent psychiatrist whose mildly up to date with research the initial topic (desensitization of receptors, glutamate modulation, etc) they could give better answers. A lot of these responses are just definitions of scientific terms which make them sound more detailed than they actually are. The fact that a computer program not created to specifically provide this type of information put this together is fairly impressive to me, but in terms of the actual content being presented I'd expect any PGY-2 or beyond to be able to give responses like this with occasional cues.
Yes, I could write a mini review article too. Harder than you think to make sure you are covering the major theories and presenting it with clarity. This bot can write a good one in seconds on basically anything. I just published an article it wrote for me and there were almost no reviewer comments at all. I think that's amazing.

Here's another:

Input: Can you write me an outline of a brand new psychotherapy I can provide to adults with high functioning autism spectrum disorder?

Title: Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP) for High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder

Description: Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP) is a novel, individualized psychotherapy approach designed specifically for adults with high functioning autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ACP focuses on enhancing autonomy, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills to help individuals navigate the complexities of daily life, relationships, and professional environments.

Outline:

I. Introduction to Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP)
A. Rationale: Addressing the unique challenges faced by adults with high functioning ASD
B. Goal: Enhancing autonomy, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills

II. Core components of ACP
A. Building a strong therapeutic alliance
1. Establishing rapport and trust
2. Understanding individual needs and goals
B. Psychoeducation
1. Understanding ASD and its impact on daily life
2. Identifying personal strengths and challenges
C. Enhancing self-awareness
1. Developing self-reflection skills
2. Recognizing emotions and understanding their origins
D. Building autonomy and decision-making skills
1. Identifying personal values and preferences
2. Developing problem-solving and decision-making strategies
E. Strengthening interpersonal and communication skills
1. Understanding nonverbal cues and social nuances
2. Practicing active listening and assertive communication
F. Addressing co-occurring mental health concerns
1. Identifying and managing anxiety, depression, or other co-occurring conditions
2. Incorporating coping strategies and stress management techniques

III. Therapeutic techniques and interventions
A. Cognitive-behavioral techniques
1. Identifying and challenging cognitive distortions
2. Implementing behavioral experiments
B. Mindfulness and emotion regulation
1. Mindfulness-based exercises
2. Emotion regulation strategies
C. Role-playing and social skills training
1. Practicing social scenarios and conversations
2. Developing a personalized toolkit of social strategies
D. Support for professional and relationship challenges
1. Navigating workplace dynamics
2. Building and maintaining healthy relationships

IV. Treatment duration and structure
A. Individualized treatment plans
B. Flexible session frequency and duration based on client needs

V. Evaluation and outcomes
A. Regular assessment of progress
B. Modification of treatment plan as needed

The Autonomy-Centered Psychotherapy (ACP) approach aims to provide adults with high functioning ASD the necessary tools and support to foster personal growth, self-awareness, and improved interpersonal skills. Through a combination of psychoeducation, cognitive-behavioral techniques, mindfulness exercises, and social skills training, individuals can navigate life's challenges with increased confidence and resilience.
This AI reminds me of way too many presentations I have heard. I just don’t see anything new there. I am sure that certain types of admin type people who are rigid thinkers will love this stuff. I’m thinking that we could put this in charge of VA mental health services.

Reactions: 3 users
This AI reminds me of way too many presentations I have heard. I just don’t see anything new there. I am sure that certain types of admin type people who are rigid thinkers will love this stuff. I’m thinking that we could put this in charge of VA mental health services.
It's not meant to be new yet. It's working with some undefined data set of existing material.

But imagine you trained it on video interviews—like vignettes—with thousands of people rather than existing text. Could it start diagnosing? Could it create newer, more valid taxonomies? Aside from the content, the fact that there is enough processing power to do this type of stuff is what is exciting and shows there are big possibilities.

It's not meant to be new yet. It's working with some undefined data set of existing material.

But imagine you trained it on video interviews—like vignettes—with thousands of people rather than existing text. Could it start diagnosing? Could it create newer, more valid taxonomies? Aside from the content, the fact that there is enough processing power to do this type of stuff is what is exciting and shows there are big possibilities.
Was really criticizing most humans moreso than AI. 😁

The main problem with chat gpt is its all filler, no killer,

Inside any field you can spot how worthless it is. It is the epitome of the information age: most information is useless, or even wrong. Otherwise people would just be curing themselves with Dr. Google or Dr. chatgpt and we’d be out of a job. Google has been here for essentially 2 decades, and our jobs as diagnosticians are still not being jeapordized. Hell, even real live humans can barely get things right.

The more fun /useful stuff will be to use it creatively. Writing about depression or benzos is just not creative enough to make it useful. Its also so bland as to not be worth anything. Use it to make something creative: like so:

Can you write a song about eating steaks?

Sure, I can try to write a song about eating steaks. Here is what I came up with:
Verse 1:
There's nothing like a juicy steak to make me feel alright
I love the way it sizzles on the grill and smells so nice
I like it rare or medium, but never well done
'Cause that would ruin the flavor and the texture of the fun

Chorus:
Steak, steak, steak, it's my favorite food
Steak, steak, steak, it always puts me in a good mood
Steak, steak, steak, it's so delicious and tender
Steak, steak, steak, it's the best thing ever

Verse 2:
I like to pair my steak with some potatoes and salad
Or maybe some fries and onion rings if I'm feeling bad
I like to dip my steak in some sauce or gravy
Or maybe some butter or cheese if I'm feeling crazy

Chorus:

Verse 3:
I don't care what anyone says about the health risks
Or the environmental impact or the animal rights
I just love eating steak and I don't want to stop
'Cause it makes me happy and satisfied and I don't care about the cost

Chorus:

However, you can see how the 'creativity' can get old:
Sure, I can try to write a song about video games. Here is what I came up with:

Verse 1:
Video games are my favorite thing to do
Video games are so much fun and cool
Video games can take me to different worlds and places
Video games can make me feel different emotions and faces

Chorus:
Video games, video games, video games, you're the best
Video games, video games, video games, you're better than the rest
Video games, video games, video games, you're the joy of my life
Video games, video games, video games, you're the reason I survive

Verse 2:
Video games can challenge me and make me think
Video games can teach me and make me grow
Video games can inspire me and make me create
Video games can connect me and make me relate

Chorus:

Bridge:
Some people say that video games are bad for you
But I don't care what they say or do
'Cause video games are my true love and I'll never let go
'Cause video games are the only thing that makes me whole

Chorus:

Last edited:

Inside any field you can spot how worthless it is. It is the epitome of the information age: most information is useless, or even wrong. Otherwise people would just be curing themselves with Dr. Google or Dr. chatgpt and we’d be out of a job. Google has been here for essentially 2 decades, and our jobs as diagnosticians are still not being jeapordized. Hell, even real live humans can barely get things right.

The more fun /useful stuff will be to use it creatively. Writing about depression or benzos is just not creative enough to make it useful. Its also so bland as to not be worth anything. Use it to make something creative: like so:

That's like saying the fact that human babies teach themselves language isn't amazing because they use it to repeat the same boring drivel as their parents. The technology is amazing. The dataset it works from is arbitrary.

That's like saying the fact that human babies teach themselves language isn't amazing because they use it to repeat the same boring drivel as their parents. The technology is amazing. The dataset it works from is arbitrary.
I hypothesize that at least part of the insistence on being unimpressed is defensive.

Yeah, I don't know how this is different than doing a google search and then reading a medline article or something.
If you are using chat GPT to know how to treat benzo withdrawal I feel sorry for you. How does this add anything to searching for a proper review article or reading Uptodate?

Yeah, I don't know how this is different than doing a google search and then reading a medline article or something.
If you are using chat GPT to know how to treat benzo withdrawal I feel sorry for you. How does this add anything to searching for a proper review article or reading Uptodate?
Human minds work with small amounts of information and very elegantly do a lot with that.

This is working with massive amounts of information and brute force to make connections and works in a completely different way than the human mind.

It is extracorporeal intelligence, something to form an alliance with. I don't know what to say to someone who can only see in its current incarnation and not imagine how it will change things. Imagine more?

It kind of boggles my mind honestly that someone can't think beyond this in a very concrete way of just looking at the results and saying, "Yeah already knew that. I could have done better." That's not the point (also if that were the point this is already giving better advice than the psychiatrists I've seen who say things like you need benzos the way a diabetic needs insulin—but again, that's not the point). This thing speaks, for God's sake! How long did it take you to learn to speak?

To not see that this takes search algorithm (google) to such a higher level where it's able to synthesize language itself so eloquently but also synthesize ideas . . .

You have a very elegant mind, I'm sure. But this has a different type of mind and will be able to go into those review articles you mention and beyond (interacting with people, perhaps, via video, EEG, lab results, etc) and synthesize many disparate things and a larger number of them via brute force that perhaps the human mind was not capable of because they work in fundamentally different ways.

I googled it and none of the articles came even close. Your experience with Google is that you could ask something like that and get a highly specific well written article among the first search results? Maybe for a question like 'top 10 cities in America' but find me anything similar on the OPs prompt from google?

I googled it and none of the articles came even close. Your experience with Google is that you could ask something like that and get a highly specific well written article among the first search results? Maybe for a question like 'top 10 cities in America' but find me anything similar on the OPs prompt from google?

The other important thing to bear in mind is that it is not producing these answers by searching with Google and copy-pasting. It is generating this on the fly based on a learning model that we don't really understand. These answers are not pre-programmed or coded inside of it somewhere. It is truly generative.

One of my patients who was very involved in AI and had already made a fortune at the age of 30 in some of the underlying tech was very clear that it was coming sooner than we think and that the changes in the next year will be beyond what we can even imagine. He was killed recently while driving a Tesla. Two weeks later Elon Musk said we need to slow AI down. 🤷‍♂️

ChatGPT refuses to let me use benzodiazepines as an ingredient in a recipe, so I had to settle for this

Input: Write me a recipe for an Italian dish with psychiatry as inspiration and make it pair well with a Barolo wine.

Response:
I understand your request for a recipe inspired by psychiatry, and I'm happy to create a unique dish that symbolizes the balance and harmony that can be achieved through mental well-being. This dish, called "Armonia di Mente e Gusto" (Harmony of Mind and Taste), will pair well with a Barolo wine.

Armonia di Mente e Gusto (Serves 4)

Ingredients:

• 400g fresh spinach fettuccine
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 cups mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster), sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Instructions:

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spinach fettuccine according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
  3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet, stirring occasionally, and cook until they release their moisture and become tender (approximately 5-7 minutes). Season with salt and black pepper.
  4. Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened but still retain their shape.
  5. Toss the cooked fettuccine into the skillet, along with the torn basil leaves, chopped parsley, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine and ensure the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
  6. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, tossing to combine. Season with freshly grated nutmeg, and adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
  7. To serve, divide the pasta among four plates. Top each serving with a sprinkle of pine nuts.
This dish, with its combination of flavors and textures, represents the balance and harmony that can be achieved in the mind. The spinach fettuccine symbolizes growth, while the mushrooms and tomatoes signify the importance of nurturing and self-care. The pine nuts and Parmesan cheese provide richness and depth, just as support and therapy do for mental well-being.

Pair this dish with a full-bodied, elegant Barolo wine. Its complex notes of dark fruit, leather, and spice will complement the earthy flavors of the mushrooms, while its firm tannins and bright acidity will cleanse the palate between bites. Enjoy your meal, and may it bring harmony and balance to your table.

ChatGPT refuses to let me use benzodiazepines as an ingredient in a recipe, so I had to settle for this

Input: Write me a recipe for an Italian dish with psychiatry as inspiration and make it pair well with a Barolo wine.

Response:
I understand your request for a recipe inspired by psychiatry, and I'm happy to create a unique dish that symbolizes the balance and harmony that can be achieved through mental well-being. This dish, called "Armonia di Mente e Gusto" (Harmony of Mind and Taste), will pair well with a Barolo wine.

Armonia di Mente e Gusto (Serves 4)

Ingredients:

• 400g fresh spinach fettuccine
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 cups mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster), sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Instructions:

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spinach fettuccine according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
  3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet, stirring occasionally, and cook until they release their moisture and become tender (approximately 5-7 minutes). Season with salt and black pepper.
  4. Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened but still retain their shape.
  5. Toss the cooked fettuccine into the skillet, along with the torn basil leaves, chopped parsley, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine and ensure the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
  6. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, tossing to combine. Season with freshly grated nutmeg, and adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
  7. To serve, divide the pasta among four plates. Top each serving with a sprinkle of pine nuts.
This dish, with its combination of flavors and textures, represents the balance and harmony that can be achieved in the mind. The spinach fettuccine symbolizes growth, while the mushrooms and tomatoes signify the importance of nurturing and self-care. The pine nuts and Parmesan cheese provide richness and depth, just as support and therapy do for mental well-being.

Pair this dish with a full-bodied, elegant Barolo wine. Its complex notes of dark fruit, leather, and spice will complement the earthy flavors of the mushrooms, while its firm tannins and bright acidity will cleanse the palate between bites. Enjoy your meal, and may it bring harmony and balance to your table.

If someone makes this, please follow-up and let us know if we should be impressed.

Human minds work with small amounts of information and very elegantly do a lot with that.

This is working with massive amounts of information and brute force to make connections and works in a completely different way than the human mind.

It is extracorporeal intelligence, something to form an alliance with. I don't know what to say to someone who can only see in its current incarnation and not imagine how it will change things. Imagine more?

It kind of boggles my mind honestly that someone can't think beyond this in a very concrete way of just looking at the results and saying, "Yeah already knew that. I could have done better." That's not the point (also if that were the point this is already giving better advice than the psychiatrists I've seen who say things like you need benzos the way a diabetic needs insulin—but again, that's not the point). This thing speaks, for God's sake! How long did it take you to learn to speak?

To not see that this takes search algorithm (google) to such a higher level where it's able to synthesize language itself so eloquently but also synthesize ideas . . .

You have a very elegant mind, I'm sure. But this has a different type of mind and will be able to go into those review articles you mention and beyond (interacting with people, perhaps, via video, EEG, lab results, etc) and synthesize many disparate things and a larger number of them via brute force that perhaps the human mind was not capable of because they work in fundamentally different ways.

It is basically screening over training data that it is fed and coming up with a probabilistic model of what to dish.
Someone probably fed it articles about BDZ withdrawal. It is not qualifying evidence and coming up with something NEW and creative like actual intelligence does.
You're not smarter than Noam Chomsky either, are you?

That people are impressed with its 'ability' to rehash information on the net is flabbergasting.

Last edited:
I am familiar with Noam Chomsky's criticisms of ChatGPT. His arguments don't make sense to me. He argues that it doesn't work enough like the human brain. While an AI that could work like the human brain would be interesting, one that works differently is not necessarily a negative. Pattern recognition with mass amounts of data—more than the human mind can entertain—can be useful.

I would never claim to be smarter than Noam Chomsky, though. In fact, I hadn't mentioned this in this forum, but I am on a waiting list for a neurologist (takes 9 months to get in) precisely because I have been suffering with signs of cognitive impairment and various deficits that had a very paroxysmal onset after a viral illness—it's why I stopped responding in the thread on Fetterman; I've been having difficulty with reading and losing words that I've known my entire life. I wish I were as smart as I was 4 months ago, let alone as smart as Noam Chomsky.

Anyhow, as you saw in the example above when I asked it to not use published data to come up with a novel treatment for BZD withdrawal, it did take two pieces of knowledge 1) benzodiazepines create glutamate hyperexcitability and 2) Riluzole is antiglutamatergic and it synthesized a new idea: Take the latter for the former.

• Care
I just published an article it wrote for me and there were almost no reviewer comments at all.
Wat? As in you asked it to create an article and just submitted what it wrote? Or you used it to help you write an article? What journal was this published in? Unless it's something reputable then meh. An author got an article about midi-chlorians published in multiple journals without questions, garbage is published all the time. Not saying that your article was bad, just pointing out it's not difficult to get published if you want to and many journals have incredibly low (or no) standards.

My biggest issue with all the responses from Chatgpt to questions I gave are that it's a nice outline for a powerpoint and could be a good jumping off point for those with an actual relevant knowledge base, but agree with the sentiment that it's mostly "all filler, no killer" in terms of really meaningful or novel scientific ideas. I'm impressed they the processing that the program is doing, but not very impressed by the practical applicability of the content.

Utter garbage. All buzzwords and little substance.
But you know what things like this are great for? Marketing materials for the general public. It's just generic and buzzwordy enough.

Welcome to The [Redacted] Center, a trusted psychiatric practice dedicated to providing high-quality mental health care for both adults and children. Our team of experienced and compassionate psychiatrists is committed to helping our patients achieve their best mental health and well-being.

Our Services: Medication Management: Our board-certified psychiatrists offer medication management services that are tailored to each individual patient's needs. We take the time to get to know our patients and their unique situations so that we can make informed decisions about which medications are right for them. Our medication management services include monitoring for side effects, adjusting dosages, and ongoing support to ensure that our patients are getting the most out of their medications.

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): TMS is a non-invasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain. It has been shown to be effective in treating depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions. Our TMS services are performed by our experienced team of medical professionals in a comfortable and relaxing environment.

Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT): ECT is a safe and effective treatment option for severe depression, bipolar disorder, and other mental health conditions. Our team of board-certified psychiatrists and anesthesiologists perform ECT in a safe and comfortable environment. We also offer ongoing support to our patients after their treatment to ensure that they are getting the most out of their therapy.

Esketamine: Esketamine is a nasal spray medication that has been FDA-approved for the treatment of depression. It has been shown to be effective in treating treatment-resistant depression. Our team of experienced psychiatrists will work with you to determine whether esketamine is right for you.

At The Bliss Center, we believe in evidence-based treatments that have been proven effective in treating mental health conditions. Our team of experienced psychiatrists stays up-to-date on the latest research and treatment options to ensure that our patients are getting the best care possible.

If you or a loved one is struggling with a mental health condition, we are here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced psychiatrists.

But you know what things like this are great for? Marketing materials for the general public. It's just generic and buzzwordy enough.

Welcome to The [Redacted] Center, a trusted psychiatric practice dedicated to providing high-quality mental health care for both adults and children. Our team of experienced and compassionate psychiatrists is committed to helping our patients achieve their best mental health and well-being.

Our Services: Medication Management: Our board-certified psychiatrists offer medication management services that are tailored to each individual patient's needs. We take the time to get to know our patients and their unique situations so that we can make informed decisions about which medications are right for them. Our medication management services include monitoring for side effects, adjusting dosages, and ongoing support to ensure that our patients are getting the most out of their medications.

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): TMS is a non-invasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain. It has been shown to be effective in treating depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions. Our TMS services are performed by our experienced team of medical professionals in a comfortable and relaxing environment.

Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT): ECT is a safe and effective treatment option for severe depression, bipolar disorder, and other mental health conditions. Our team of board-certified psychiatrists and anesthesiologists perform ECT in a safe and comfortable environment. We also offer ongoing support to our patients after their treatment to ensure that they are getting the most out of their therapy.

Esketamine: Esketamine is a nasal spray medication that has been FDA-approved for the treatment of depression. It has been shown to be effective in treating treatment-resistant depression. Our team of experienced psychiatrists will work with you to determine whether esketamine is right for you.

At The Bliss Center, we believe in evidence-based treatments that have been proven effective in treating mental health conditions. Our team of experienced psychiatrists stays up-to-date on the latest research and treatment options to ensure that our patients are getting the best care possible.

If you or a loved one is struggling with a mental health condition, we are here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced psychiatrists.
Would actually be interested to see what Chatgpt comes up with for something like this.

Can someone with ChatGPT ask it to create a marketing summary for a new psychiatric practice that offers med management, TMS, ECt, and esketamine? I'd be interested in what it would look like.

I think I should have chat GPT edit my website. I think it could probably do a better job coming up with blurbs than I can and it doesn’t have to deal with the strong negative emotional reaction to that kind of superficial glib garbage.

Would actually be interested to see what Chatgpt comes up with for something like this.

Can someone with ChatGPT ask it to create a marketing summary for a new psychiatric practice that offers med management, TMS, ECt, and esketamine? I'd be interested in what it would look like.
That's literallu what I just did lol. You can add additional prompts or have it refine the results for a more customized fit to a practice

Introducing MindMenders Psychiatric Clinic: Revolutionizing Mental Health Care

At MindMenders Psychiatric Clinic, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, cutting-edge treatments to help individuals overcome the challenges of mental health disorders. Our expert team of mental health professionals specializes in medication management, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), and Esketamine treatment. By offering a range of innovative and evidence-based solutions, we aim to empower our patients to regain control of their mental well-being and lead fulfilling lives.

Our Services:

1. Medication Management: Our experienced psychiatrists work closely with patients to develop personalized medication plans, continuously monitoring and adjusting the prescriptions to ensure optimal results with minimal side effects.
  2. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): This non-invasive treatment uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain, providing relief from depression and other mood disorders, even when traditional methods have failed.
  3. Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT): A safe and effective treatment for severe depression, ECT uses controlled electrical impulses to alleviate symptoms in patients unresponsive to medications and therapy.
  4. Esketamine Treatment: As a certified provider of esketamine, we offer this innovative and fast-acting nasal spray to treat treatment-resistant depression, providing hope for patients who have not found relief through traditional methods.
Why Choose MindMenders Psychiatric Clinic?

• Comprehensive Care: Our multi-disciplinary approach ensures that each patient receives individualized care tailored to their unique needs.
  • Expert Team: Our highly skilled and compassionate staff is dedicated to helping patients overcome mental health challenges, providing support every step of the way.
  • Advanced Treatment Options: We stay current with the latest advancements in psychiatry to offer the most effective and innovative treatments available.
  • Comfortable Environment: Our state-of-the-art facility is designed to provide a welcoming and calming atmosphere, fostering an environment conducive to healing and recovery.
At MindMenders Psychiatric Clinic, our mission is to transform lives by offering a personalized approach to mental health care. Let us help you take the first step towards a brighter, healthier future. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover the difference our comprehensive psychiatric services can make in your life.

I ran the request through chatGPT 4:

Introducing a Revolutionary Psychiatric Practice: MindScape Healing
Are you or a loved one seeking relief from the burdens of mental health challenges? Welcome to MindScape Healing, a state-of-the-art psychiatric practice dedicated to providing personalized, cutting-edge treatment options to help you conquer your struggles and reclaim your life.
Our team of experienced, compassionate mental health professionals is committed to offering comprehensive care, including medication management, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), and Esketamine treatments. Here's what sets us apart:
  1. Comprehensive Medication Management: Our skilled psychiatrists work closely with you to develop a tailored medication plan that targets your specific needs. We monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed, ensuring that you receive the most effective treatment possible.
  2. Advanced TMS Therapy: Break free from depression with our non-invasive TMS treatment. This FDA-approved therapy utilizes magnetic pulses to stimulate targeted areas of the brain, providing relief from depressive symptoms without the side effects of traditional medications.
  3. Proven ECT Treatments: For patients with severe depression, ECT offers a powerful, time-tested solution. Our expert team administers this safe and effective therapy in a controlled environment, allowing you to experience rapid improvements in mood and mental well-being.
  4. Innovative Esketamine Therapy: As one of the select practices offering Esketamine treatment, we provide hope for those suffering from treatment-resistant depression. This breakthrough therapy, administered under the supervision of our trained professionals, can deliver rapid relief from debilitating symptoms.
At MindScape Healing, we believe in a brighter future for you and your mental health. By combining the latest advancements in psychiatric care with our compassionate, personalized approach, we strive to empower you on your journey to healing and self-discovery. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward a happier, healthier life.

0291BBD0-5910-47CC-B36F-CE3F02EA4A34.jpeg

Stupid bing with its discount gpt is unwilling to give the people what they really want

• Haha
Guess the prompt!
Oh, dear insurance provider, do hear me out, I'm writing to request TMS, without a doubt!
My patient [Patient Name], with depression so deep, Has tried treatments before, but they just cannot keep.
The meds and the therapy, they gave it their all, But depression still lingers, it won't take the fall.
So I say to you, dear insurance provider, Please cover TMS, it's a treatment survivor!
TMS is safe, effective, and non-invasive too, It can help improve moods and quality of life, it's true!
By stimulating nerve cells in the brain, Depression can be relieved, and joy can be gained.
So I urge you, dear insurance provider, Please approve TMS, for [Patient Name], the survivor!
It's medically necessary, it's clear as can be, And with your help, [Patient Name] can finally be free.
Thank you for listening, I hope you agree, That TMS is the treatment that [Patient Name] needs to see.
I'm available for any questions you may have, Together, let's give [Patient Name] the care that they deserve.
Sincerely,
[Your Name] [Your Title] [Your Contact Information]​

• Haha
Guess the prompt!
Oh, dear insurance provider, do hear me out, I'm writing to request TMS, without a doubt!
My patient [Patient Name], with depression so deep, Has tried treatments before, but they just cannot keep.
The meds and the therapy, they gave it their all, But depression still lingers, it won't take the fall.
So I say to you, dear insurance provider, Please cover TMS, it's a treatment survivor!
TMS is safe, effective, and non-invasive too, It can help improve moods and quality of life, it's true!
By stimulating nerve cells in the brain, Depression can be relieved, and joy can be gained.
So I urge you, dear insurance provider, Please approve TMS, for [Patient Name], the survivor!
It's medically necessary, it's clear as can be, And with your help, [Patient Name] can finally be free.
Thank you for listening, I hope you agree, That TMS is the treatment that [Patient Name] needs to see.
I'm available for any questions you may have, Together, let's give [Patient Name] the care that they deserve.
Sincerely,
[Your Name] [Your Title] [Your Contact Information]​
"Write a poem about a physician appealing to an insurance company to get TMS approved for TRD"?

I like this game. We should make a separate thread for this and make it a regular thing, lol.