Chatham DPT 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTStudent575

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been invited to Chatham University in Pittsburg DPT program interview on November 6th! I am starting to feel the nerves now. A lot is building up to this moment.

So it sounds like this is a three-session interview covering problem-based learning (PBL), a written portion session where we are asked a question and write a response. I am assuming situational-based questions, achievable goals, and why we're a good fit for PT and the program. Lastly, the actual oral interview portion. The 3 phases are all 50 minutes in length. According to the short informational video sent out, only five questions will be asked to all students. They noted they would be using a behavioral interviewing style process. Not sure exactly what this means if they're watching us for how we behave and respond to questions or more in the way of how we would behave and respond to certain situations?

Any tips from former or current students or others who have been interviewed else where would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

We have same interview day. Have you ever done virtual interview with pt school yet ?

Reactions: 1 user
We have same interview day. Have you ever done virtual interview with pt school yet ?
No, I haven't yet. Half of the schools I applied for were October 1st deadline and a majority of them changed their hard deadlines to November 1st, so I am just now getting an application received an email from a lot of them. Others I've applied to are further out all the way into next year! Chatham is my first interview for this cycle. Very excited and anxious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to you on Interview day!
You too! I think they are going to send more details regard of this interview today. Have you prepared some questions they might ask ? There is lots stuff on google. Lol

I interviewed this past Saturday as well! Does anyone have an idea when we will hear back or how many people interviewed?

What did you guys think of the interview? I thought the interview questions were a bit difficult lol. I thought the written part was okay though

What did you guys think of the interview? I thought the interview questions were a bit difficult lol. I thought the written part was okay though
I agree. I felt like they were asking a lot with the interview questions.

The interview questions were challenging. If anyone hears back please let us know!

Hello all,

I've been invited to Chatham University in Pittsburg DPT program interview on November 6th! I am starting to feel the nerves now. A lot is building up to this moment.

So it sounds like this is a three-session interview covering problem-based learning (PBL), a written portion session where we are asked a question and write a response. I am assuming situational-based questions, achievable goals, and why we're a good fit for PT and the program. Lastly, the actual oral interview portion. The 3 phases are all 50 minutes in length. According to the short informational video sent out, only five questions will be asked to all students. They noted they would be using a behavioral interviewing style process. Not sure exactly what this means if they're watching us for how we behave and respond to questions or more in the way of how we would behave and respond to certain situations?

Any tips from former or current students or others who have been interviewed else where would be great!
Hello!

I apologize that I am just seeing this, but I am a current 1st student in the DPT program at Chatham University. If I am speaking from my experience in the application and interview process, I heard back with my acceptance letter on December 1st, 2020, so I would make the assumption that you should hear around Thanksgiving or just after :)
In the mean time, relax! I know this process is full of all kinds of emotions. If you have any questions about my experience in the program, contact me and I will answer to the best of my ability. Congrats on your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I apologize that I am just seeing this, but I am a current 1st student in the DPT program at Chatham University. If I am speaking from my experience in the application and interview process, I heard back with my acceptance letter on December 1st, 2020, so I would make the assumption that you should hear around Thanksgiving or just after :)
In the mean time, relax! I know this process is full of all kinds of emotions. If you have any questions about my experience in the program, contact me and I will answer to the best of my ability. Congrats on your interview!
Thank you so much for replying! Congrats on getting into chatham! How do you like the program so far?

Hey! Is anyone attending Chatham in the fall? I’m looking for a roommate!