Chatham Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTHopeful921

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone attending the Chatham interviews tmrw, Jan 21st? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! Unfortunately, my interview starts way too early, esp. on a Saturday, but I am excited to see more of Chatham and Pittsburgh. Good luck!

Im actually glad mine is early. I dont want to be caught in whatever other crappy weather is going to hit Pittsburgh in the afternoon/evening. Once were done, Im out and headed back to Central PA, bc something tells me its going to be a LONG and SLOW drive...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would feel the same way if I were trying to get out of Pittsburgh tomorrow.

I thought the faculty seemed student-centered and appreciated the fact that so many of them introduced themselves and their roles in the program. I liked a lot of things about the program esp. the number of faculty members and the number of/variety of adv. degrees they held. I just wished we had more time to ask questions during the interviews and that their questions were more focused on PT experiences and interests, the future of the profession/ opportunities to specialize during the program, etc vs. the behavioral interview style. What did you think?

I have to kind of disagree, but only to a certain point. I dont feel that the person that interviewed me was very student-centered, but rather personified that they were like a "god among men" that day. Im sorry, but part of the day is to make the students feel welcome and want to come to Chatham, I cant say that my interviewer did this, but the rest of the staff that day made me feel welcomed. idk, im just still confused as to whether I could really see myself going there. The interviewer really did kind of put a sour taste in my mouth...

That's interesting, I almost felt that my interviewer was so welcoming that the interview failed to focus on PT itself (and all that I mentioned above) and focused more on how I handle situations, am I culturally aware and sensitive, etc. When I left, I felt more like I had interviewed to be a camp counselor or something. I know people love the program, so I'm sure it is exceptional, but what lacked for me was a dialogue regarding both the content of the program and my own background and goals relating to PT. I saw that you were accepted at Arcadia-congrats! How did you feel about that program?

Oh my gosh, I thought Arcadia was A-mazing! I will be sending a deposit in to secure a spot as soon as the financial aid person emails me back and see if i can afford it.

I have heard such good things about that program from PTs who are really doing a lot in the profession. I am jealous! I applied and never heard back (aka waiting for a rejection email?) but if I could afford it, I would highly consider it if I were you. Its not ranking that makes a PT program great, but the opportunities it will provide you to get the most our of an entry level program. Seriously, congrats!

Longest interview ever. The best part of the whole process was the PBL session and the tour, because those are the times when the current students in the program talk to you, answer all your questions, and make you feel special. The worst was the interview. They were all smiles but it was all business.

I have to kind of disagree, but only to a certain point. I dont feel that the person that interviewed me was very student-centered, but rather personified that they were like a "god among men" that day. Im sorry, but part of the day is to make the students feel welcome and want to come to Chatham, I cant say that my interviewer did this, but the rest of the staff that day made me feel welcomed. idk, im just still confused as to whether I could really see myself going there. The interviewer really did kind of put a sour taste in my mouth...

I bet I can guess exactly who your interviewer was... PM me, we'll chat. I promise you that they are not ALL like him/her. ;)

Also, if any of you have questions that you feel weren't answered and I can help, please just let me know! PM me, that way I'll get the notification since I don't always check back.