Cheap hotels for Tufts interview???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squints02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of any inexpensive hotels near tufts, or ones near an easily accesible bus/subway station to get to tufts.
They sent a list of hotels with my interview packet but I was hoping there might be something a little more inexpensive.
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

The Milner is like a 3 minute walk away from the school. It was like $70 for the night. Also close to airport

squints when is your interview?? i'm there on the 4th

Members don't see this ad :)
not til the 11th... Where are you staying?

i stayed at the super 8 in watertown (i think thats the name of the town)..its like a 60/90 minute distance from tufts on the public transportation which is really easy to take. I think it was 70$ a night-the place thats only a 3 min walk sounds like a better bargain, but if that doesn't work out, check this place out. But be forewarned, i witnessed a drug arrest in the room next door to me when i was there-free entertainment!

Interviewing on 11th. Going to stay at Milner.

yeah I'll probably just end up staying at the Milner....
guess i'll see you on the 11th.

yeah I'll probably just end up staying at the Milner....
guess i'll see you on the 11th.

Yeah see ya then, reserve room before hand. They told me it usually fills up.

I wouldn't stay at the milner... the rooms are so old and dusty. I had a bag of huge window curtains laying on my bed when I arrived. Obviously, the maintenance guy made a mistake by leaving them there. The heater doesn't work well either. I thought the heater unit was just blowing out dust the entire time. I talked to another interviewee who stayed there and he complained about it being cold. Some people on here recommend the place, so I guess they don't think it is so bad. Also, the food they give out for breakfast - beware. I just happened to check the expiration dates on the yogurt and bagels and they were expired!!

Good lookin out...Has anyone stayed at the Broadway Inn?

Anyone heading there on the 21st?

Dont know where that is...double tree in is also very close but its costlier

I wouldn't stay at the milner... the rooms are so old and dusty. I had a bag of huge window curtains laying on my bed when I arrived. Obviously, the maintenance guy made a mistake by leaving them there. The heater doesn't work well either. I thought the heater unit was just blowing out dust the entire time. I talked to another interviewee who stayed there and he complained about it being cold. Some people on here recommend the place, so I guess they don't think it is so bad. Also, the food they give out for breakfast - beware. I just happened to check the expiration dates on the yogurt and bagels and they were expired!!

well, it was certainly the worst hotel i have ever stayed at, but it was cheap as hell and close to Tufts, so that outweighed the cons. As for breakfast, there is Dunkin Donuts across from Tufts :thumbup: