Cheap PKTs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psiyung

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new pkt2, for mine is currently a smoked sausage

Anyone know where to get any good/cheap ones online?

Or bookstore sells them for an arm and a leg

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

psiyung said:
I'm looking for a new pkt2, for mine is currently a smoked sausage

Anyone know where to get any good/cheap ones online?

Or bookstore sells them for an arm and a leg

Thanks

How much can a PKT cost? $10 max?

Members don't see this ad :)
There's always eBay... but then there's always the risk that the tools won't be in good enough shape for your work. Come to think of it, 86 the eBay idea.

dude, to tell you the truth, there is usually no reason to buy a new PKT unless you dropped and broke it. Just soak a gauze in alcohol, heat up the pkt and wipe it as clean as you can. If you really want to get rid of the tarnish, use one of those powders you get for cleaning silverware.

AMMD said:
dude, to tell you the truth, there is usually no reason to buy a new PKT unless you dropped and broke it. Just soak a gauze in alcohol, heat up the pkt and wipe it as clean as you can. If you really want to get rid of the tarnish, use one of those powders you get for cleaning silverware.
ill give that a shot man. Thank you

DrTacoElf said:
Hey gavin are PKT's named after Peter K. Thomas, a master waxer?, I thought I saw that you had posted that somewhere??
yeah it is ...indeed a master waxer

We actually have a student in 3rd year right now that waxes better than every member of our faculty. He is just a natural at it. It's unfriggin-believable, dude got 100's on his waxing practicals. He would just flow the entire crown with little or no carving.

psiyung said:
yeah it is ...indeed a master waxer

We actually have a student in 3rd year right now that waxes better than every member of our faculty. He is just a natural at it. It's unfriggin-believable, dude got 100's on his waxing practicals. He would just flow the entire crown with little or no carving.

wow, what school is this? Sounds like DS-1 Heaven: "He would just flow the entire crown with little or no carving."

Extending the fantasy: "He would just display the entire infratemporal fossa structure highlights with four scalpel strokes."