CheapestTutition? Cheapest overall cost of attendance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonvivant07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Which school has the cheapest school related cost? (tuition, fees, equipment charges, etc)

And which one is the cheapest when you factor in the cost of living? Example: NY may be cheaper than say Barry but cost of living is way more so Ny ends up being more expensive.

* This is not what I am using to choose what school to go to. This is just something I am curious about

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a few tuition costs. The other four schools are probably in this range as well, but I haven't looked them up. Looks like cost of living (and scholarships of course) will make the difference, since tuition costs are somewhat comparable. Schools like DMU and OCPM probably have the cheapest cost of living.

NYCPM ~ $25,000/yr
TUSPM ~ [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]between $30,000.[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] and $34,000. (resident vs nonresident)
Scholl ~ $30,000/yr
AZPOD ~ $30,000/yr
DMU ~ $28,000/yr

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU estimates $203,745 for 4 years, including tuition, books, room, board, travel, etc.

what is often forgotten is WHO gets the scholarship money. What do you have to be ranked to continue getting them in years 2-4. It is nice to get it that first year, but most of these are not automatically renewable. How about we start compiling:

DMU: 2-4k first year based on incoming MCAT and GPA, renewable if top 25% of class.
SCHOLL:
AZPOD:
OCPM:
NYCPM:
BARRY:
TEMPLE:
WESTERN:
CSPM:

Also, lets not count other smaller scholarships that 1 or 2 people get.

Last edited:
what is often forgotten is WHO gets the scholarship money. What do you have to be ranked to continue getting them in years 2-4. It is nice to get it that first year, but most of these are not automatically renewable. How about we start compiling:

DMU: 2-4k first year, renewable if top 25%
SCHOLL: 3-5K first year with possible half tuition scholarship. Must apply for available scholarships in subsequent years (various amounts, including half tuition).
AZPOD:
OCPM:
NYCPM:
BARRY:
TEMPLE:
WESTERN:
CSPM: