Cheating On Pcat

Started by oink2655
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oink2655

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was taking the OCt Pcat I noticed a candidate cheating during the test. When time was up he would still continue working on the previous section. During the writing section, he would flip back to the previous math section and work on problems. He sat in the back of the room so the proctor couldnt see him as well. She did walked up to him once during the test and caught him doing that but she didn't take his material away from him. I really felt like this guy cheated and had a unfair advantage and is debating whether or not I should report him.
 
haha.. I saw someone who started flipping through his booklet while the instructor was introducing the test at the very beginning...

I think that's very unfair to others who have worked hard.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If someone is that unqualified to sit for a relatively basic exam, pharmacy school is going to be a difficult and painful experience. I don't believe in karma so much as a religious principle, but I do think that our actions have unforseeable and sometimes delayed consequences. Just move on and don't let it happen to you.
 
lol this happened at temple in oct where i was taking it, but the guy doing it was REALLY asking for it. he was sitting in the front of the classroom and he flipped back to other sections the entire time, he got yelled at during the test at least 4 times but they never took it away from him. i actually dont think he spoke english, i kinda feel bad for him. oh well.
 
well, some of those stories sound like these people were actually cheating. HOWEVER, i feel that sometimes people get the impression someone is cheating when they really aren't. For example, i got a dirty look from the girl beside me when i was making the bubbles for my name alittle nicer just before handing in the exam....like, seriously...some ppl need to lay off lol
 
well, some of those stories sound like these people were actually cheating. HOWEVER, i feel that sometimes people get the impression someone is cheating when they really aren't. For example, i got a dirty look from the girl beside me when i was making the bubbles for my name alittle nicer just before handing in the exam....like, seriously...some ppl need to lay off lol

Yeah, she seems pretty anal.
 
yah huh..........i went back to bbble in my answers cuz they were partially bubbled and the room coordinator said I cant do that. so annoying. i wasn't even cheating. 😱
 
Stand up for what you beleive in:
Do you believe cheating is wrong? If so, turn him in. Do you believe cheating is okay if *you* are doing it? If so, turn him in. The only time I would say don't turn him in is if you believe cheating is okay for others but not for you.
 
Stand up for what you beleive in:
Do you believe cheating is wrong? If so, turn him in. Do you believe cheating is okay if *you* are doing it? If so, turn him in. The only time I would say don't turn him in is if you believe cheating is okay for others but not for you.

👍
 
Is this a real post? You don't even know the guy's name. How are you going to report him?

"I'd like to report a cheater. He was tall, with brown eyes and he has blonde hair, and he looks kind of like the drummer from Third Eye Blind."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this a real post? You don't even know the guy's name. How are you going to report him?

"I'd like to report a cheater. He was tall, with brown eyes and he has blonde hair, and he looks kind of like the drummer from Third Eye Blind."


Brad took the PCAT.. again? I thought he aced it the first time!
 
Get over it, cheating is a part of life. You sound like you let people walk all over you in life. Not saying anything about a cheater and then complaining abou tit on a message board. You should get more confidence in yourself, especially if you want to impress interviewers for pharmacy school.