Checking in- how's everyone doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title speaks for itself. Anyone have any issues concerns or questions I can answer?

I've got some free time tonight :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet- eagerly awaiting having to concoct a response to that brilliant statement

"I'm sure there are studies out there that say seat belts are dangerous because they restrain you in situations where you need to escape quickly, or that airbags are dangerous because the force behind them can kill you. But the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. So it is a widely clinically accepted practice to maintain good oral hygiene, supported by countless peer reviewed research studies. If you stop flossing, you can expect a referral to perio eventually to repair the damage.
Your copay is expected in full at the front. See you in 6 months!"

Man, I'm in a mood tonight!! :annoyed:
Lol.

Reactions: 1 users
"I'm sure there are studies out there that say seat belts are dangerous because they restrain you in situations where you need to escape quickly, or that airbags are dangerous because the force behind them can kill you. But the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. So it is a widely clinically accepted practice to maintain good oral hygiene, supported by countless peer reviewed research studies. If you stop flossing, you can expect a referral to perio eventually to repair the damage.
Your copay is expected in full at the front. See you in 6 months!"

Man, I'm in a mood tonight!! :annoyed:
Lol.

I'm currently deciding between a cookie or some cool whip straight from the tub. Not sure which one will make me feel worse about myself. Then again I am old and should be asleep.

But around for another few for q's

Reactions: 1 user

I'm currently deciding between a cookie or some cool whip straight from the tub. Not sure which one will make me feel worse about myself. Then again I am old and should be asleep.

But around for another few for q's

Dipping the cookie INTO the Cool Hwhip.

Dipping the cookie INTO the Cool Hwhip.
Cool hwhip. :thumbup:

Lol for the floss thing, I would just tell the patient not to floss for a while, then floss and smell the little bits of gunk that comes out when they do. Then they can decide for themselves if they want that **** rotting in their teeth forever

Meh, I have the literature that backs me up, and I give them my best professional advice. The rest is up to them( I really should floss after all this cool whip I am eating )

If they want to be stubborn, it'll just mean more $ for you in the long run.

Mo' Money Mo' Cool Hwhip.

ImageUploadedBySDN1470401967.154117.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
So far no one has asked me about flossing.

I am, however, replacing breakfast and lunch with marshmallow fluff/pb.

I have a terrible sweet tooth

starting NYU in a few weeks. any way to tackle a 400k debt after graduation?

just default and move to a new country?

Lots of ways. Just don't go bananas and blow all your new doctor money on the fanciest new car and house and vacations and try to make your life Instagram worthy. Most of my peers who are doing that are currently working like crazy to cover their costs and loans and to me that's not so worth it. But it also depends on where you want to live and what your family/spouse situation etc is I suppose

have you had any shadowing students?

if so, what are the things that you expect from them?

have you had any shadowing students?

if so, what are the things that you expect from them?

Yes.

I expect them to be professional and willing to learn. That's all. I have no problems sharing knowledge and whatever else I can to help students, as long as they're receptive and genuinely interested.