Checking Status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggy1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so haven't heard anything in almost two months. Where do you guys stand on calling or e-mailing just to make sure that everything is OK? I only applied to LECOM, and I have heard some other applicants complain this year and last year about them forgetting apps or mixing them up-so, I am legitimately concerned and want to make sure my app is fine. At the same time, I know this is a busy time and don't want to be annoying.

Opinions? Anyone done this so far?

Members don't see this ad.

You only applied to LECOM?

Did you get asked to fill out the supplement and pay the fee? If you have done that I'm sure they are reviewing your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You only applied to LECOM?

Did you get asked to fill out the supplement and pay the fee? If you have done that I'm sure they are reviewing your application.

Yes, I only applied to LECOM. I did fill out supp and pay fee. I am sure you're right and they're reviewing my app. Just want to be sure it doesn't get lost in the mix. Tried calling earlier but no one answered. Will try again later.

Last edited:
I also feel like some schools DON'T want you to bug them throughout the process. But seeing as you're putting all your eggs in one basket, I would call. I also haven't heard anything in two months but I'm just staying patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you tell them lecom is your first and only choice. Do everything in your power to get an interview considering you do not have other options.

Reactions: 1 users
Make sure you tell them lecom is your first and only choice. Do everything in your power to get an interview considering you do not have other options.

I have told them they are my first choice, but yes-I plan on telling them they are my only choice as well. I just don't want them to think I am choosing them merely b/c of location or personal reasons, but because I actually am interested in the school itself (which I am, btw).

I chickened out on calling them back earlier bc I was worried I was being pushy or annoying. But I see what you guys are saying about doing everything in my power to get an interview. I will suck it up and call tomorrow :p

I also applied there and have not heard from them for a month and a half. I called them and they said I should keep checking the portal site.... My parents' place is 20 min away from it too so I thought of going there to bug them but decided otherwise. :/

I also applied there and have not heard from them for a month and a half. I called them and they said I should keep checking the portal site.... My parents' place is 20 min away from it too so I thought of going there to bug them but decided otherwise. :/
I also live close and have thought the same thing. I thought about maybe going in to ask if they could use any volunteers, but yeah-chickened out in that one too

LECOMs weird. I applied there as a back up got interviews from all my top picks, but haven't heard from them...

LECOMs weird. I applied there as a back up got interviews from all my top picks, but haven't heard from them...
It's definitely difficult to determine what kind of applicant they are looking for.

It's definitely difficult to determine what kind of applicant they are looking for.
One of my friends has been a dental assistant for a few years. Low GPA/DAT's. Applied to LECOM and got an Interview right away. He says that they are looking for people with a lot of dental experience. Maybe thats the case, but I think that can be ridiculous.

I don't understand why schools like more experienced/older applicants better than students who are coming straight out of undergrad.

(by the way I mean no offense to any older applicants. I think its awesome that you are going for your dreams. I just don't understand why an older applicant would have an advantage over someone who is straight out of undergrad)

Last edited:
One of my friends has been a dental assistant for a few years. Low GPA/DAT's. Applied to LECOM and got an Interview right away. He says that they are looking for people with a lot of dental experience. Maybe thats the case, but I think that be ridiculous.

I don't understand why schools like more experienced/older applicants better than students who are coming straight out of undergrad.

(by the way I mean no offense to any older applicants. I think its awesome that your going for your dreams. I just don't understand why an older applicant would have an advantage over someone who is straight out of undergrad)

I think it's because we know the difference between you're and your. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends has been a dental assistant for a few years. Low GPA/DAT's. Applied to LECOM and got an Interview right away. He says that they are looking for people with a lot of dental experience. Maybe thats the case, but I think that be ridiculous.

(by the way I mean no offense to any older applicants. I think its awesome that your going for your dreams. I just don't understand why an older applicant would have an advantage over someone who is straight out of undergrad)

It's because we have life experience and won't have our early 20s crisis trying to figure out if this what you really want to do.

Well I hope what you're friend says is correct since I am an older applicant myself ;)

Just in case any LECOM applicants are curious-I emailed to check status and was told everything is fine and it's just still under review.

Guess they're just picking all the "best" applicants first-which apparently doesn't include me :( oh well, I feel confident I'll get something sooner or later. Good luck to everyone

Just got an interview from them. So theyre still giving em out. Good luck

Congrats!!! Thanks for the heads up :) Hopefully mine is not too far away :xf:Did they e-mail you, or did you just check the portal?

Just got an interview from them. So theyre still giving em out. Good luck
What is your GPA and DAT scores like.

I am in the same boat as everyone else it sounds like. GPA 3.2 and DAT of 20. So hopefully that makes a good impression.

What is your GPA and DAT scores like.

I am in the same boat as everyone else it sounds like. GPA 3.2 and DAT of 20. So hopefully that makes a good impression.
3.7 sgpa 20 DAT. i think u should be fine