Checking the test center before the exam day -- during these COVID times?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiteclaww

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Is this something we can do? do they let people in the test centers to see what the centers are like?

I called them, but they never pick up their phone. I am assuming they are administering exams and don't want to interrupt the test takers

Members don't see this ad.

You can most likely check out the lobby and get a feel for the place, the lockers, bathroom, etc. They definitely will not let you in the actual testing room but you could probably see people taking their exam through the window.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this something we can do? do they let people in the test centers to see what the centers are like?

I called them, but they never pick up their phone. I am assuming they are administering exams and don't want to interrupt the test takers
Exactly what do you expect to see? The AAMC website tells you what the protocols are going to be. Do you expect to be allowed to perform an inspection to see if they are being followed? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly what do you expect to see? The AAMC website tells you what the protocols are going to be. Do you expect to be allowed to perform an inspection to see if they are being followed? :laugh:

hahahaha.

I just wanted to see the test center because there are a lot of buildings around it, and i was afraid that I might not find it because of my test date anxiety.
I also wanted to see if the restroom is close to the test center too. Just to give myself some peace of mind.

hahahaha.

I just wanted to see the test center because there are a lot of buildings around it, and i was afraid that I might not find it because of my test date anxiety.
I also wanted to see if the restroom is close to the test center too. Just to give myself some peace of mind.
I'm also planning to drive to my testing center before my exam. I think having driven the route beforehand and knowing where to go/park will put my mind at ease. Might seem trivial to others but i think it would be beneficial personally

I drove to my testing center the day before my test last month. It was completely fine. Moreso, it was comforting to see the place beforehand. Go for it. Just wear a mask and don't be disruptive.

Good Luck!

hahahaha.

No worries -- I actually did the same exact thing, just to make sure I knew how to get there, and to make sure there were no surprises. I even went up in the elevator to check out the office, but I didn't dare go in. If they are there and you do go in, you will probably just annoy them.

You should totally do it if you have the time and it's not too far away, but I wouldn't call and I wouldn't try to go in, because, as we've both pointed out, COVID, and you're not an inspector. :) Good luck on Friday!!!!!