Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need help with the explanation to some problem. I'm not sure if the answer key is wrong or not.
1. What is the pH of a 0.1 M NaCl solution?
I answered 7, but the key said 2 and justified as "NaCl is a neutral salt"...
2. the rate of a reaction is given as rate = k [A]^2. if B is tripled and A stayed the same, what would be the effect?
I answered it as there would be an increase in the rate by ninefold. wrong?
1. What is the pH of a 0.1 M NaCl solution?
I answered 7, but the key said 2 and justified as "NaCl is a neutral salt"...
2. the rate of a reaction is given as rate = k [A]^2. if B is tripled and A stayed the same, what would be the effect?
I answered it as there would be an increase in the rate by ninefold. wrong?