Chemistry 2

Started by OKgirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OKgirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be taking chemistry 2 this coming fall and I was wonder what I need to review. I took chem 1 this past fall, so I'm worried that I forgot all the important things since they are a year apart. What are some of the important things to remember for chem 2?
 
We had thermodynamics a lot. We actually had a review on that this semester.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be taking chemistry 2 this coming fall and I was wonder what I need to review. I took chem 1 this past fall, so I'm worried that I forgot all the important things since they are a year apart. What are some of the important things to remember for chem 2?
When I took Chem II, my teacher did some basic review from Chem I at the beginning. You probably aren't the only one who didn't take Chem I the semester before.

If you really want to study/prepare, I would just break out the old Chem I notes/book and refresh your memory.
 
I took chem 2 in the summer and I will warn you that it was very hard. I managed an A even while leaving to go to Canada for 1 1/2 weeks (I got to go for free!?!) I remember the hardest thing was completeting the math problems in the time frame and remembering all of the equations. Be careful because a friend of mine took it somewhere else and they just skipped chapters that they didn't have time for. Electrochem is on the PCATs and they usually cover that last. good luck!
 
Is Chem 2 "Elementary Chemistry"? If it is, do I really need it? It was one of the pre-reqs for taking General Chem so I took the assessment and pass it to get into General Chem.
 
Is Chem 2 "Elementary Chemistry"? If it is, do I really need it? It was one of the pre-reqs for taking General Chem so I took the assessment and pass it to get into General Chem.
Elementary Chem might be the same as Intro to Chem at some schools, but it isn't chem 2. I just went straight into the general chems because you can get away with not taking some pre req's if you do good on the ACT/SAT section in that subject.
 
It has been forevery since I took gen chem, so I do not remember exactly what was covered in chem 1. I do, for some reason remember what we did in chem 2.

Thermodynamics, Kinetics, Colligative Properties, Solubility, Acid/Base/Buffer chemistry. Our class did not have enough time to cover electrochemistry.