chemistry in mbbs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

div8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from India. I am a week away from my college. I got admission for mbbs. So I thought of brushing thru my basics. wanted to know the topics I need to be thorough in Chemistry for mbbs...please help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am from India. I am a week away from my college. I got admission for mbbs. So I thought of brushing thru my basics. wanted to know the topics I need to be thorough in Chemistry for mbbs...please help!

What are you asking ? I am confused :confused:. Why don't you just chill and have fun before starting medical school.:idea:

m sorry..actually m new to this forum..will take time to get familiar...n my question is what in chemistry should I be thorough with...actually chem is my weak point...thatz the reason m asking

Members don't see this ad :)
m sorry..actually m new to this forum..will take time to get familiar...n my question is what in chemistry should I be thorough with...actually chem is my weak point...thatz the reason m asking

Hey Div8,

I'm not sure what kind of chemistry is need for your MBBS, but I can answer your question just based on what is need to succeed in a medical level clinical biochemistry course (or at least I can try :) ):

- Intermolecular/intramolecular forces (hydrogen bonds, covalent bonds, ...)
- concepts of hydrophillicity, hydrophobicity
- some physical sciences type chemistry (what influences melting point of a substance?)
- pH, pKa, and acid-base chemistry
- a little bit of electrochemistry (what is fick's law? the nernst equation? oxidation? reduction?)
- organic chemistry: nature of C-C bonds, and C-O,N,... bonds
- some knowledge of symmetry of chemical bonds (why are the carbons in a double bond with each other in the same plane?)

I think this should be a good base knowledge. Anything else, you can pick it up "on the fly". I hope this helps :)!

Last edited: