chemistry question-please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshipri

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
this question from topscore is really bugging me. I've tried to look up the correct answer and understand why it is right, but I'm still confused. Here's the question:

What is the expression for the solubility product constant, Ksp, for BaCl2?
Topscore says the answer is [Ba+2][Cl-2], but isn't Cl-1?? I don't get it...please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!
this question from topscore is really bugging me. I've tried to look up the correct answer and understand why it is right, but I'm still confused. Here's the question:

Topscore says the answer is [Ba+2][Cl-2], but isn't Cl-1?? I don't get it...please help!

it's most definately a misprint/typo :

It should be [Ba+2][Cl-]^2

Hi everyone!

maybe misstyping

Yes certainly a typo, it is correct but the 2 should have been outside the bracket representing the number of atoms of Cl in the molecule BaCl2 which is 2. Good question. These study references have mistakes every now and again so not to worry, the fact that you recognized it shows you know your stuff!

Members don't see this ad :)