Chemistry Topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if anybody knows if a lot of kinetic molecular theory of gases is on the DAT? I am aware that Daltons, Boyles, and Charles are essential, but how about stuff like the root mean square speeds or non-ideal gases (Van der Waals). I am pressed for time and was hoping someone could tell me if this is really important for the test.

Thanks
Jaba

Members don't see this ad.

know that gases deviate from ideal gas eqn at high pressure and/or low temperature. don't both memorizing van der waals eqns.

i've never heard of v(rms) being tested, but i would memorize it just in case. it's just a simple formula...

good luck, jb!:)

Hello, I was just wondering if anybody knows if a lot of kinetic molecular theory of gases is on the DAT? I am aware that Daltons, Boyles, and Charles are essential, but how about stuff like the root mean square speeds or non-ideal gases (Van der Waals). I am pressed for time and was hoping someone could tell me if this is really important for the test.

Thanks
Jaba

Yea, just know it! It wont take that long to memorize those concepts!! But if you are really pressed for time then just let it go!