Chicago Area PostBac Premed Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi All,

Just getting started on sifting through options for PostBac PreMed options in the Chicago area. It seems like Loyola and NW are the two prominent formal programs. Any testimonials on either? Any additional options to be aware of?

For the record I graduated from U of Illinois in Spring of 2015 with a 3.6 GPA in Supply Chain Management and Marketing.

Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am an alumni of the Northwestern SPS program and can speak very highly in regards to it but have little familiarity with Loyola's program. The trick with the SPS program is that you get out of it what you put into it (similar to everything in life) and if you go full speed the faculty are excellent, fair, and you'll be well trained when MCAT time comes around (again given you put in the requisite effort). My classmates were accepted to a wide variety of schools to include top 10 institutions. The one drawback of the program, and this is judged in relation to other top post-bacc's, is that there is not a linkage program in place like at a Goucher or Columbia. That being said, those who perform well in the program have found their way to top tier schools, everyone I know who made it through the program got into a medical school except for those who applied unforgivably late. If you have specific questions PM me, I am a big fan of the program.