Chicago area Psych Program Interview Season

Started by Finny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Finny

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I was wondering if anybody knows if timing of interview invites is region specific. I'm from IL and attending an IL med school. I have received invites from schools on west coast, east coast, and midwest. Several prestige programs (ie Cornell, Yale, Columbia, UCLA et al). BUT I have NOT gotten an interview from ANY of the Chicago programs. I'm very interested staying in Chicago for many reasons (family et al), but I don't know if I should chalk it up to they interview those close to home last, or after MPSE goes out?
I was going to wait until MSPE is sent and see what happens, and then start contacting programs? How long should I wait?
Any insight on timing of different regions?
I appreciate any advice or information anybody may have.
 
Hi
I was wondering if anybody knows if timing of interview invites is region specific. I'm from IL and attending an IL med school. I have received invites from schools on west coast, east coast, and midwest. Several prestige programs (ie Cornell, Yale, Columbia, UCLA et al). BUT I have NOT gotten an interview from ANY of the Chicago programs. I'm very interested staying in Chicago for many reasons (family et al), but I don't know if I should chalk it up to they interview those close to home last, or after MPSE goes out?
I was going to wait until MSPE is sent and see what happens, and then start contacting programs? How long should I wait?
Any insight on timing of different regions?
I appreciate any advice or information anybody may have.


UIC has started to contact applicants. It is not too late though b/c we are not starting until late November. I would contact programs in about a week if you do not hear anything. Do this in a polite manner and state that you would like an interview as you would prefer to stay in Chicago, despite having some other offers. I can honestly say that being from California, I got my interview offers out of state and only one from California, but ended up in Chicago instead.

Good luck to you and be patient with this crazy process.