Chicago Child Psych?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MajorAllday

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How competitive are CAP fellowships in Chicago? I know there are 13 spots in the city (not that much), and they always fill up. Secondarily, what are career prospects like for graduates? Does one program tend to do better than another, or do graduates tend to do about the same? I'm looking to do an employed position afterwards in the northern suburbs. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How competitive are CAP fellowships in Chicago? I know there are 13 spots in the city (not that much), and they always fill up. Secondarily, what are career prospects like for graduates? Does one program tend to do better than another, or do graduates tend to do about the same? I'm looking to do an employed position afterwards in the northern suburbs. Thanks!

Not that competitive, excellent, the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
The northern burbs doesn't seem to have any shortage of places looking to hire for either child or adult.

Actually, Chicago is relatively competitive because there are a lot of residency spots there with relatively few child spots. Northwestern with 4 is the biggest in the area.

Actually, Chicago is relatively competitive because there are a lot of residency spots there with relatively few child spots. Northwestern with 4 is the biggest in the area.
That's my concern. I'm at a Chicago psych program, but we don't have a Child psych program. Obviously, if their own residents want those spots, they'll take them. 13 spots for the whole city, and it all depends on how many people want to apply that year. Just wondering how competitive generally they are, any differences between them in terms of career prospects?