Chicago Hospital IPPE Search

Started by Drex
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drex

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a P2 from out-of-state looking for a hospital site in Chicago to complete my 2 week, 80 hr IPPE this summer. I sent out a few emails (loyola, UofC, Mount Siani, Swedish Convenant and Northwestern) but haven't gotten a response. I did a site visit at Northwestern last summer without a problem, but that isn't the case for longer IPPEs I assume.

Does anyone have an IPPE set up in a hospital this summer that had to set up themselves? Or has anyone been trying but was rejected right off the bat? Trying to dwindle down my list of hospitals to attempt...

Does anyone know off hand which hospitals are more IPPE-friendly? (ie don't stick to students from particular universities only, or are good at responding) I am also having trouble finding contact information for the inpatient pharmacies for Loretto, MacNeal, Rush and Elmhurst. If anyone has contact information, or knows where I can find it, it would be so much appreciated. Additionally, what is the best method of contact for particular hospitals; email, telephone, etc?
 
I am a P2 from out-of-state looking for a hospital site in Chicago to complete my 2 week, 80 hr IPPE this summer. I sent out a few emails (loyola, UofC, Mount Siani, Swedish Convenant and Northwestern) but haven't gotten a response. I did a site visit at Northwestern last summer without a problem, but that isn't the case for longer IPPEs I assume.

Does anyone have an IPPE set up in a hospital this summer that had to set up themselves? Or has anyone been trying but was rejected right off the bat? Trying to dwindle down my list of hospitals to attempt...

Does anyone know off hand which hospitals are more IPPE-friendly? (ie don't stick to students from particular universities only, or are good at responding) I am also having trouble finding contact information for the inpatient pharmacies for Loretto, MacNeal, Rush and Elmhurst. If anyone has contact information, or knows where I can find it, it would be so much appreciated. Additionally, what is the best method of contact for particular hospitals; email, telephone, etc?
Ask your experiential office. Even if you're looking out of the region, they may have connections if a previous student has done a rotation there.
 
I have been working through my schools database and emailed all the hospitals in the area that have already precepted other students at my school, but I haven't gotten a response for a week now.
 
I have been working through my schools database and emailed all the hospitals in the area that have already precepted other students at my school, but I haven't gotten a response for a week now.
Does it have to be IN Chicago, or can it be a suburb?