Chicago OB programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dre1207

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone heard from Chicago programs yet? Or, is anyone at one of these programs that could shed some light? Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

I just heard from U of C today. I haven't heard from any of the other ones in Chicago.

I have applied to 5 programs in the Chicago area and haven't heard from a single one yet other than Northwestern, which was a "save the date" saying that they aren't even going to review my application for another 3-4 weeks. Ha! My calendar will be dang near full by then... I'll have to decide whether or not to cancel, which will give me anxiety fits. The area is pretty high on my initial list. Arrrgh!

Comfortdoc, could you post the dates for U of C?? Just so I can get an idea of what lies ahead??

Northwestern dates: 11/17, 12/1, 12/15

Members don't see this ad :)
U of C interview dates are Nov. 2, 9,16,30, and Dec. 14th

Wow. I applied to most of the Chicago school and the U of C dates suck since I am now into December for scheduling. That Northwestern email was weird huh? It was nice of them to send an email though. Some schools just keep you guessing about their plans.

I wish prgms from the same state would send invites and/or rejections at the same time.

Hi there everyone,

I just got invited to interview at two of the smaller community programs in Chicago, St. Joseph and St. Frances....i'm waiting for Rush, Advocate, and UIC...but zilch as of today!!! Kinda gets on my nerves!!!! Trying to be patient you know!

Good luck out there!

Hey all,

did anyone get a phone call from Advocate Illinois Masonic today? I got a text message of their phone number earlier today and I'm wondering if they are doing invites over the phone?

Good luck!

Looks like Chicago program invites are (finally!) starting to trickle in- I have gotten U of C and Loyola, and Northwestern sent me one that I hope wasn't a mistake seeing how they said they weren't going to do anything for 3-4 weeks... :eek:

Looks like Chicago program invites are (finally!) starting to trickle in- I have gotten U of C and Loyola, and Northwestern sent me one that I hope wasn't a mistake seeing how they said they weren't going to do anything for 3-4 weeks... :eek:

Do you know what the interview dates are for the programs you just listed?

Thanks!

NW sent an invite out to me today too. Yeah!

Anyone know of any hotels that are close to both U of C and Northwestern? Look forward to seeing you all on the interview trail.

Northwestern: Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 14

University of Chicago: Nov 2, 9, 16, 30; Dec 14, Jan 11

Loyola: Nov 14, 28, Dec 5, 19; Jan 9

Haven't heard from UIC or Rush yet!

NW sent an invite out to me today too. Yeah!
Hey Congrats! So is the northwestern one you received the one where they say they won't have an answer for 3-4 weeks or was it a real invite?

nevermind drexyl...i just checked out the invite thread. CONGRATS YALL...I hope i get one one day soon!!!