Chicago state or LECOM E

Started by hamza1892
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hamza1892

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to both Chicago state and LECOM-E. I having a hard time figuring what pharmacy school to attend. THere both really good schools, Lecom is a 3 year and chicago is a 4 year school.
So if you can give me advice on which school is the best one to attend.

thank you
 
I interviewed at Erie and quite frankly, I was unimpressed. 3 year program is nice and cheaper but I hear students have trouble filling their experiential hour (1500 in PA). The school is confined to one building which is located 4 miles outside of the city. So in other words the location is terrible.

I know nothing about Chicago State but I just wanted to share my thoughts on LECOM-E. It isn't ranked well and I hated the atmosphere. One huge plus is the price because you only pay 3 years tuition.

PS. I don't mind the dress code but I find it completely unnecessary. The guy said it was because dressing professionally helped students perform better. If they are so worried about performance then why is the average LECOM-E incoming students' PCAT score 53rd percentile?
 
^^If their average acceptance is at the 53rd percentile on the PCAT, I can see why improvement in performance could be important to them. They are still a relatively new school, and so they may not be one of the top programs at this point. But I understand why they might want to improve their overall "standing," if you will. So I guess I see that as MORE reason to do things they think will promote better performance.

Regarding the original question, I wish I could give you worthwhile advice! Unfortunately, I don't know much about either. Do you have a particular one that you are leaning towards?