Chicago State University MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jendelarosa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Chicago State University, or any of the other Chicago MOT schools? (MWU, Rush, UIC, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from Chicago State University, or any of the other Chicago MOT schools? (MWU, Rush, UIC, etc.)

I have applied to Rush, MW, Chicago State and Governors State. Chicago State said they would let me know sometime in March. Governors State asap, and that the head of the OT department wants to get it figured out by the end of Jan/ beginning of February. Rush said they will send out letters on January 17... so today... (I'm super nervous about this one). And I have not heard anything from Midwestern... I'm also nervous about this school...

Where else did you apply and did you hear back at all?

I heard back from Midwestern a few days after my interview. I was accepted, but chose to pass. I'm super nervous about the Rush letters! good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
How soon did you hear from MW after applying to their school and when did you submit your application? I submitted mine a while ago, but there were some issues so they didn't get my entire application till November. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances of getting in...

I applied at CSU, UIC, and MWU. I received an e-mail from UIC last week stating that they are still reviewing applications and accepting materials until January 31st, so I'm guessing I won't hear from them until the spring. I went to UIC for undergrad and I know they LOVE to move in slow motion.

I just finished up my pre-reqs this past fall so OTCAS is still recalculating my GPA. My application is complete in the MWU system but I'm sure they're waiting for my final GPA calculation with my fall grades.

My friend that attends CSU said that they don't start interviewing until April, and that I'd receive something in the mail before I'm contacted for an interview.

I applied at CSU, UIC, and MWU. I received an e-mail from UIC last week stating that they are still reviewing applications and accepting materials until January 31st, so I'm guessing I won't hear from them until the spring. I went to UIC for undergrad and I know they LOVE to move in slow motion.

I just finished up my pre-reqs this past fall so OTCAS is still recalculating my GPA. My application is complete in the MWU system but I'm sure they're waiting for my final GPA calculation with my fall grades.

My friend that attends CSU said that they don't start interviewing until April, and that I'd receive something in the mail before I'm contacted for an interview.

Oh cool, I also did my undergrad at UIC, but I didn't apply to their OT program. Did you hear back from MW by any chance... I'm waiting and waiting it's taking so long and I heard that so many people have been asked for interviews or have been accepted, so I'm starting to get really nervous.

By the way, do you mind posting your stats?

I haven't heard back from MWU yet...I have two girlfriends in their MOT program and they keep assuring me that I should be okay! LOL I sure hope so...

My stats aren't that great, but I had a lot of extracurricular/research stuff during undergrad. Here goes:

CUM GPA: 3.0
PRE-REQ GPA: 3.67
GRE: 1200
Extracurriculars, Awards, Research: UIC Chancellor's Student Service & Leadership Award (2-time recipient), UIC Student Organization of the Year, Research Assistant for UIC and Northwestern University, Pharmacy Technician for Walgreens, Computer Lab Consultant @ UIC, Volunteer at Edward Hospital & UIC Laboratory, Observation hours at Bolingbrook Adventist Hospital and Little Friends

What are your stats?

Hi OTgirl- about the MW app, I think I had my OTCAS officially submitted in October so I was probably with an earlier group of applicants. They are rolling admission so I'm sure they will still be interviewing more strong applicants as well as a waiting list, so don't lose hope yet! Has anyone heard back from Rush/ planning on attending? I got my acceptance email yesterday:)

Hi OTgirl- about the MW app, I think I had my OTCAS officially submitted in October so I was probably with an earlier group of applicants. They are rolling admission so I'm sure they will still be interviewing more strong applicants as well as a waiting list, so don't lose hope yet! Has anyone heard back from Rush/ planning on attending? I got my acceptance email yesterday:)

Yeah I hope soo! And are people who are accepted get email acceptance letters or could it be through email or through mail?

I got my acceptance email too, and am waiting for official letter in the mail! I'm leaning towards attending Rush, but want to wait for UIC's decision first. I did love Rush though. Are you attending Rush?

I got my acceptance email too, and am waiting for official letter in the mail! I'm leaning towards attending Rush, but want to wait for UIC's decision first. I did love Rush though. Are you attending Rush?

Do you mind listing your stats please?

I'm also waiting to hear from UIC. I'm an IL resident so I would probably choose UIC for tuition purposes but I did love Rush. I also got into UW Madison which I also loved so I'll probably end up choosing between UIC and Madison (if I am accepted to UIC)...hate this waiting game with them!

Just got my letter... I am put on the wait list, it's so bitter sweet but hey it's better than a NO.

Good Luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to CSU, UNM, MW AZ/IL, and RUSH. I've been wait listed at rush and I have an interview at MWIL on January 31st. Any updates for you?

I applied to CSU, UNM, MW AZ/IL, and RUSH. I've been wait listed at rush and I have an interview at MWIL on January 31st. Any updates for you?

When was your application received for MW-IL?

No updates for me, yet! OTCAS finished my Academic Update last week so I'm hoping to hear from some schools soon.

MWU is close to home but it's so expensive...but hey, I'll take what I can get! I know UIC is very research-based so I'm hoping some of my past research work will help my application. My best friend at CSU asked one of her professors if they started interviewing yet and she said they definitely won't start until April or so.

My application was received on January 8th and I was offered an interview on January 14th. But apparently they have been interviewing forever, which makes me nervous. I can't imagine there's many spots left.
And I should clarify when I say I applied to CSU I'm referring to Colorado state University, and not Chicago state. Is it Chicago State that does not start interviewing until April?

My application was received on January 8th and I was offered an interview on January 14th. But apparently they have been interviewing forever, which makes me nervous. I can't imagine there's many spots left.
And I should clarify when I say I applied to CSU I'm referring to Colorado state University, and not Chicago state. Is it Chicago State that does not start interviewing until April?

Sorry I meant to respond to OTgirl's question about MWIL specifically. OT girl, what are your stats? I feel like everyone is so close! I don't know how they could decide.

Sorry I meant to respond to OTgirl's question about MWIL specifically. OT girl, what are your stats? I feel like everyone is so close! I don't know how they could decide.

My overall GPA is 3.06
Pre-req is 3.6
GRE is 1000
Lots of extra curricular activities with over 500 hours of observation/work experience.

I am banking on my obs./work hours and extra curricular activities, my stats aren't that great.

Could you list your stats as well?

Could you list your stats as well?
Of course. I have a 3.79 GPA. I completed my observation hours at NW Hospital (90) and Heartland Nursing and Rehab Center (35). I also volunteered at a Respite House for terminally ill children for over 100 hours. My GRE is only 1120.
I received an invitation to interview at MZ in AZ this morning. Flights are expensive but I think it will be worth it.

Keep your fingers crossed. With 500 hours, hopefully you'll be hearing back soon!

Could anyone who applied to UIC list their stats? (If you don't mind, of course) I'm just curious & getting anxious waiting for this! Also, I was wondering how long have you guys been out of undergrad, or is there anyone here who is still a senior in college? I am, but I feel like I'm a bit outnumbered.

Could anyone who applied to UIC list their stats? (If you don't mind, of course) I'm just curious & getting anxious waiting for this! Also, I was wondering how long have you guys been out of undergrad, or is there anyone here who is still a senior in college? I am, but I feel like I'm a bit outnumbered.

Hey,
I have a friend who got into UIC last week (early admissions for exceptional candidates- whatever that means). I don't know all of his stats but he had an 1120 GRE and a "4.0" GPA. I say it like that because it is mostly hearsay. He has gotten into the four schools he applied to: Wash U, Rush, Madison and UIC. The rest of my friends, also with great credentials haven't heard back from UIC yet so don't worry!
Hope this helps

Thanks, that does help! I think I have pretty strong stats so I guess I won't freak out just yet haha

Hey,
I have a friend who got into UIC last week (early admissions for exceptional candidates- whatever that means). I don't know all of his stats but he had an 1120 GRE and a "4.0" GPA. I say it like that because it is mostly hearsay. He has gotten into the four schools he applied to: Wash U, Rush, Madison and UIC. The rest of my friends, also with great credentials haven't heard back from UIC yet so don't worry!
Hope this helps

hello,

is Wash U that you mentioned Washington University in Seattle?? or do you mean St. Louis?

hi,

I'm thinking of applying to Chicago State University. What are your thoughts about this program? I'm from California.

Just received my rejection letter from UIC =[ apparently there were 360 applicants this year for 38 spots, and I didn't make the cut. I still haven't heard from MWU or Chicago State University...any updates from anyone?

Just received my rejection letter from UIC =[ apparently there were 360 applicants this year for 38 spots, and I didn't make the cut. I still haven't heard from MWU or Chicago State University...any updates from anyone?

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure one of your other schools will pull through. I was rejected from New Mexico, as were all of my OT friends. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be. However, I received acceptances from MW in IL & AZ. I'd love to attend AZ but don't have the funds. And I'm waiting to hear back from Colorado. They sent out decisions on the first so I'm expecting it through paper mail soon. And I'm still sitting on the waitlist with Rush.
I'd love to hear about some successes! How is everyone doing?

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure one of your other schools will pull through. I was rejected from New Mexico, as were all of my OT friends. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be. However, I received acceptances from MW in IL & AZ. I'd love to attend AZ but don't have the funds. And I'm waiting to hear back from Colorado. They sent out decisions on the first so I'm expecting it through paper mail soon. And I'm still sitting on the waitlist with Rush.
I'd love to hear about some successes! How is everyone doing?

I am also waitlisted at Rush... I am hoping to get a rank number soon so I can begin to make my final decision.

I have been accepted to Nova Southeastern University and University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.

I really hope I hear back from Midwestern in IL soon... I would love to attend MWU if not Rush.

I'm just still trying to hear back from UIC!
Getting nervous!

you can check whether or not you got in through the application website for UIC! its out!

I am also waitlisted at Rush... I am hoping to get a rank number soon so I can begin to make my final decision.

I have been accepted to Nova Southeastern University and University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.

I really hope I hear back from Midwestern in IL soon... I would love to attend MWU if not Rush.

Did you find out your number on the waitlist at Rush? I'm 12 :/ but I heard they admitted up to 15 last year. Also, any news from MW?

Just found out I got into Rush! I don't know what my wait list number was though. I will be withdrawing my acceptance from MW.

Just found out I got into Rush! I don't know what my wait list number was though. I will be withdrawing my acceptance from MW.

Congrats! That's so exciting. Hopefully I'll see you there :)

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, and hang in there to those still waiting. Your time will come! I got accepted to Rush, and am planning on attending in June (Already sent in my deposit). Anyone else planning on attending Rush?

Just got my letter for an interview at Chicago State MOT! =]

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, and hang in there to those still waiting. Your time will come! I got accepted to Rush, and am planning on attending in June (Already sent in my deposit). Anyone else planning on attending Rush?
I just got a call from rush today! See you there :)

Anyone going to Rush this summer and looking for a roommate? I've done some research and found some great places to split with one other person. Don't live in the center court garden apts!

what's the word on Chicago State? I was just reading some negative things about it on the OT indeed forum. Anyone know much about the program?

As far as I know, the negative stuff is from people who aren't used to city culture. Keep in mind this school is in a pretty dangerous spot in Chicago. A shooting happened not too long ago on campus. Despite that, I hear the OT program is good and cheap.

It's best to go and talk to them. Deadline was march 1st (it may be extended)

From someone who went there I would say the program isn't all that great...BUT they are trying to get program up

FutureOTjunkie,

What about the program isn't all that great? Also, when you interviewed, how long before you were accepted, in other words, when did they tell you that you are accepted?

I know three people personally who left the program to get into another one because of fieldwork issues (limited fieldwork) and not all that great CI. Also not getting papers and tests back in a timely fashion. Turning a paper in lets say March 1 and not getting anything back until the end of the semester. They also mentioned that CSU was not preparing them for the NBCOT.

BUT do I feel that they are trying to make changes of course...do I feel like there are people in the program who love it...of course. I went to the school so I was right there to see alot of unprofessionalism from that program.

I interviewed in April and heard back in June. If this is a program you interested in then go for it...maybe you are that change that they need, you never know.

I have heard about the total lack of professionalism in that school.

I heard that the program only allowed two C's and nothing lower than a B in order to progress to the next semester? Is this a new implementation?

Also, what is the school doing to not prepare students for the NBCOT?

Did you get accepted into UIC?