Chicago Step 2cs March technical issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeevedDickerson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - just found out that there was some technical issue when I took Step 2 CS in Chicago in March. Now I have to retake the test :mad: . I got the impression that I wasn't the only one affected, and was wondering if there was anyone here who had the same issue. Haven't been able to get too much information from NBME, so wanted to know if anyone had a better sense of what happened? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if the PM went through. Regardless, please email me at doc.and.darwin at gmail dot com. I would love to share with you what they're telling me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm also in the same situation and took it in Atlanta. There are at least 3 others at my school who are also in the same boat. What a mess! I'll PM you both.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates from those in this boat? Did USMLE give any further answers to any of you about what the technical issue was? Are you all planning on taking at the same testing center? Just applied to retake and will call tomorrow for them to pay for it. No availability until December though...this is crazy.

Hey guys - so no updates about what the actual "issue" was. USMLE is still being very vague about what happened or if we can be reassured that it won't happen again. Anyways, since it seems like enough people were affected they did offer a few June/July spots so I'll be taking it next week. Did you get that email? Also, do you guys plan on doing anything different from the first time? Not going to lie, this is shaken my confidence a bit. Thanks :/

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah they did open a few dates. For those that have not gotten this offer, I would call them and make sure you get the same offer. Good luck, Peeved. The NBME has been incredibly cryptic about what happened.

Reactions: 1 user