1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Chicago transitional programs

Discussion in 'Internship' started by klasota, Sep 14, 2002.

1. klasota

klasota New Member

Does anyone out there know anything about the Chicago transitional year programs, such as quality of program and hospital, type of neighborhoods they are in, and traffic??:rolleyes:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ratty

Ratty Membership Revoked
    Removed

Hi,

I interviewed at most of them, and am currently in the TY program at Illinois Masonic, which of course is the best one in the city :)

Which ones specifically would you like to know about?

4. klasota

klasota New Member

I want to apply to a few programs, but do not know which ones to choose. I really do not want to end up in a "bad area of town" (you've probably guessed I am a female). I randomly chose to apply to Resurrection, St Francis of Evanston and McGaw Medical Center Evanston, if you could tell me a little about these. Also could you please rank the programs (St joes, masonic, macneal, louis a weiss, west suburban and those above) or at least tell me which ones if any to stay away from. Thank you so much.:rolleyes:

5. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management
    Physician Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I am an intern at St. Francis and love it there. As a TY you have six months of electives and I believe 4 months of call rotations. The staff and faculty there are super nice, as are the patients. St. Francis is a serious sleeper hospital as far as TYs go.