Chicago transitional programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klasota

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know anything about the Chicago transitional year programs, such as quality of program and hospital, type of neighborhoods they are in, and traffic??:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I interviewed at most of them, and am currently in the TY program at Illinois Masonic, which of course is the best one in the city :)

Which ones specifically would you like to know about?

I want to apply to a few programs, but do not know which ones to choose. I really do not want to end up in a "bad area of town" (you've probably guessed I am a female). I randomly chose to apply to Resurrection, St Francis of Evanston and McGaw Medical Center Evanston, if you could tell me a little about these. Also could you please rank the programs (St joes, masonic, macneal, louis a weiss, west suburban and those above) or at least tell me which ones if any to stay away from. Thank you so much.:rolleyes:

I am an intern at St. Francis and love it there. As a TY you have six months of electives and I believe 4 months of call rotations. The staff and faculty there are super nice, as are the patients. St. Francis is a serious sleeper hospital as far as TYs go.