Child Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piaget

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am intersted in applying for CAP fellowship commencing next year. Guys, any recommendations on good CAP programs in east coast ? How are programs in NY and MA ?

When is the right time to apply ?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I was pretty impressed with Brown. I've only seen the facilities when I did my psych residency interview there so there are no guarantees, but it's worth looking into. For me the location just didn’t work for my fiancé. I know they used Bradley Hospital (child psych hospital) and Hasbro Children’s Hospital (Rhode Island’s only peds hospital). I know they had a child psych residency, but don't know anything about fellowship opportunities there. Good luck!

NYU, Columbia and Mount Sinai are the strongest programs in NY:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
The right time to apply is in august, they don't look at applications before that. You will interview in the fall and match in January. :thumbup:

There was a previous discussion of the relative merits of the 3 Harvard CAP programs - would search out the thread to avoid a rehashing here.

Based on reputation Brown, Yale, Mt. Sinai, Columbia, NYU, UPenn, and Harvard are all well known and strong. I'm not sure what you consider East Coast, but Hopkins and UMaryland also have strong programs. However, just like general residency, you really need to think about what you're looking for and find a program that is a good match for your needs.

For the match, you need to check with the individual programs about dates. But most go through NRMP and have a formal match.
Here is the website: http://www.nrmp.org/fellow/match_name/child/about.html

Good luck. :)

Thank you everyone for your input :)

How about the child fellowships in northern California?
would appreciate opinions/experiences about Stanford, UCSF, UC Davis child psych fellowship programs.

Does any one know about their call schedule/teaching/moonlighting opportunities ?