Childhood Residence Description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mroerdh22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am just plugging away on my application and I got to the disadvantaged status section. I am not applying as disadvantaged but I noticed the subsection for information on your childhood residence. Within this section there is an area to offer a description. I grew up in a rural town in Arkansas with a population of about 2500. We travelled to the closest town for school, doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc. Due to being removed from amenities, my parents raised me to be resourceful with what I have (as not to waste a trip). It also encouraged me to go into healthcare (I am a dental hygienist) and come back to work in an office in the area because it is under served. These experiences ultimately led to me to apply to dental school. Do I offer a description like that or more of a physical description (rural, underserved, farming community, etc.)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't have much room to talk, 250 characters with spaces I believe. I just said that we moved around several times and briefly described one of the cabins we lived in. That space is filled quick, only two or three sentances and your done.