children hospital at LA ---INTERN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bumbumbum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here interns for children hospital of LA? CAN U guys give me some advice. if i take the job, i have to drive 40 miles. It's a long drive but as long as I get to do clinical stuffs then i'm fine but even if i am allowed to do it. is it worth it, can anyone give me ur 2 cents? thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.

anyone here interns for children hospital of LA? CAN U guys give me some advice. if i take the job, i have to drive 40 miles. It's a long drive but as long as I get to do clinical stuffs then i'm fine but even if i am allowed to do it. is it worth it, can anyone give me ur 2 cents? thanks a bunch

I did. Carol Teketomo, the manager is a one of the most renowned pediatric pharmacist in the world...her pink book (pediatric dosing handbook) along with Lexicomp's version is a pedi dosing bible. She's a good girl. The director Chris Lomax is someone I really look up to.

It's an awesome place to train..I worked there 3.5 years as an intern. CHLA taught me more than USC did. Take the job..suck it up and work every weekened.

During school year, we interns worked like grunts..but during summer..we did a lot of projects.

If you think you're too good to do basic pharmacy distribution stuff..but rather do clinical stuff..(I highly doubt you're trained enough as an intern to really do clinical stuff at a pedi institution as an intern), then CHLA isn't for you....in fact you should just graduate..do a residency...and then you can do the clinical stuff... Note Sarcasm.

hehe, thanks for the reply. u totally misunderstood my post but maybe it was the way i phrased it. well, i really want to get into CHLA and as long as i get to learn something new, that is fine with me, whatever i learn it's all good. only the drive scare me, 40 miles drive which mean more than an hour drive for me. 3 hours loss each day. anyway, i got into CHOC but i want to see if different hospital do different thing. if CHLA let me do every other weekend then I can do every other weekend at CHOC. well, it's too early to say now but life never go as u planned. thanks again for ur reply though. i'm still thinking about that 1.5 hour drive to work :(