Chiro Looking into Dentistry......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rrusso187

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This looks like an amazing site! Anyway, Im a 30 year old chiropractor that owns a successful chiropractic clinic but now wants to practice dentistry like my father. Do the admissions boards look favorable upon those from other health-related professions? I have a meeting with the dean at LSU wednesday. My science gpa was sub-par, (roughly around a 2.8) in 2002 but I have taken many of the same courses as dental school students do in their first two years. Is it possible to take certain biology classes to boost ones gpa while still working full time treating patients? I apologize if many of these questions have been answered before but any help would be much appreciated.

-R

Members don't see this ad.

This looks like an amazing site! Anyway, Im a 30 year old chiropractor that owns a successful chiropractic clinic but now wants to practice dentistry like my father. Do the admissions boards look favorable upon those from other health-related professions? I have a meeting with the dean at LSU wednesday. My science gpa was sub-par, (roughly around a 2.8) in 2002 but I have taken many of the same courses as dental school students do in their first two years. Is it possible to take certain biology classes to boost ones gpa while still working full time treating patients? I apologize if many of these questions have been answered before but any help would be much appreciated.

-R

i dont know how busy you are, so i cant say if you can take classes while working full time.

i would suggest only working part time and concentrate on your classes. since your gpa is sub-par, you want to get all As from now on to show the dental schools you have matured and are seriously about dentistry.

-R

Not sure if people from other health-related professions are looked upon favorably, but you are at least headed in the right direction by speaking with a dean of a dental school. He should be upfront with you and give you a honest assessment.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you set up a meeting with the dean of LSU?