Chiropractic Assistant - Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xbg5567

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying for the class of 2016 so I have about a year and a half of "free time". I don't have any clinical experience so I am applying for some jobs in hospitals.

I was also looking at a Chiropractice Assistant job, which includes greeting and assisting patients, as well as helping with physical therapy.

Will this count as clinical experience, or should I stick with stuff in the hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd suggest sticking with the work at the hospital or in a free clinic. Chiropractors don't really constitute part of the medical team, from what I gather and are very different from physicians. You will probably get much better experience (especially if it might be your only clinical volunteering) out of a clinic and hospitals generally aren't bad to volunteer with either, although you could end up doing something relatively mundane.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why does everyone have assistants? I met a girl the other day who was in physical therapy assistant school. Do people just not do their jobs or what

@Psai Well they have legions of anxious premeds willing to do unpaid labor to do what they can to get into med school (which is at least part of the reason). But yeah, I agree. It can get ridiculous sometimes.

actually I can think of lots of things a chiro assistant would do. Getting the patient in position and comfortable before the adjustment, wiping down the table and room between patients, basic scribing, recroding the number of skull respirations per minute, making exact measures of chakra levels, palpating for midi-chlorians, praying to the lord god Xenu most powerful before each procedure.... etc.

Reactions: 4 users