Chiropractor school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZooZoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im interested in chiropractor . Being a chiropractor I have heard its extremly hard to find a job afterwards and the salary is little to the point its hard to pay back the loans. Can you please give me information about chiropractor, is it true that a chiropractor will only make 30,000? What type of life will a chiropractor doctor have ? I have heard they have a hard time getting patients and hard time making money . If someone please help me because I want to get into the school but dont want to worry about these things once i finish. I want to make sure money wise if I will make enought to pay back my loans

Members don't see this ad.

You're not going to find much love here since most of the medical community sees chiropractice as quack medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
Im interested in chiropractor . Being a chiropractor I have heard its extremly hard to find a job afterwards and the salary is little to the point its hard to pay back the loans. Can you please give me information about chiropractor, is it true that a chiropractor will only make 30,000? What type of life will a chiropractor doctor have ? I have heard they have a hard time getting patients and hard time making money . If someone please help me because I want to get into the school but dont want to worry about these things once i finish. I want to make sure money wise if I will make enought to pay back my loans

I've seen that you've gone from pre-health field to another pre-health field scoring poorly on every exam. Perhaps figure out your studying habits for exams in general before trying anything else? Any decent program in the health field will be rigorous. It doesn't get easier from here on out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what chiros do, aside from pitching misinformation about vaccines and GMOs.

It really is odd. Two acquaintances from college became chiropractors, and their facebook posts the past few years are littered with anti-vaccine and anti-medicine/anti-science whacko propaganda.

Most chiropractors are trained killers.

Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 2 users

1) You heard correctly that the financial outlook is awful. Chiropractors are the single most likely profession to default on their student loans. Even if you went on a full ride scholarship the average salary is not much better than you would make managing a restaurant, about 30K. Like academia, Amway, and College football, chiropractic medicine is a profession where thousands are scammed for every person that succeeds.

2) The job is also awful. Chiropractors practice fake medicine. It does not work. The best case scenario for being a Chriopractor is that each year you successfully scam thousands of desperate, pain ridden people out of their savings in exchange for a treatment that does not work.

If you want to help people with musculoskeletal pain go into physical therapy. Or occupational therapy. Or work with Ortho as a nurse. Chiropractic medicine is a bad choice.

Last edited:
I have seen this twice in residency so far. Vertebral artery dissection after neck manipulation.

But without chiropractic treatment, their subluxations would have killed them years earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Why there isn't a forum for chiro in SDN? They are doctors just like MD/DO/OD/DDS/DMD... It appears like they can have hospital privileges in state like FL.

Why there isn't a forum for chiro in SDN? They are doctors just like MD/DO/OD/DDS/DMD... It appears like they can have hospital privileges in state like FL.

You're right. We should open a quackery and professional bull****er subforum. We can stick naturopathic medicine in there too.

Reactions: 8 users
You're thinking of the Osteopathic forum.

C'mon now. Most of us don't advocate for more than a few of the techniques for really specific issues and even less will ever actually use it in practice. Let's not throw people who learn and practice actual medicine in with those that learn you can "cure" someone's diabetes through subluxation...

Reactions: 4 users
C'mon now. Most of us don't advocate for more than a few of the techniques for really specific issues and even less will ever actually use it in practice. Let's not throw people who learn and practice actual medicine in with those that learn you can "cure" someone's diabetes through subluxation...

I was absolutely kidding. I don't actually feel this way about my DO colleagues (well, I have issues with their medical education process and also with OMM, but they're otherwise good folks).