Choice between 2 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herpaderp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I recently heard of this site and thought I could get some advice. I am very fortunate to have an acceptance at both Touro-NY and NYIT-COM and it is very difficult to decide between the two. I am leaning toward Touro but I am just looking for some details about the program that can help me seal the decision. Any current students out there that can comment on the curriculum, how the students are doing on boards, how the classes are, etc. Are NYIT rotation sites better than Touro? Is the administration better to deal with at one institution over the other? Are they receptive to students needs?
Do you think touro will sign on some more rotation sites in the NYC area in the next 2-3 years?

I hope you can answer some of my questions! Thank you for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

You should post in the school-specific discussion forum with the names of the schools in the thread title.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I recently heard of this site and thought I could get some advice. I am very fortunate to have an acceptance at both Touro-NY and NYIT-COM and it is very difficult to decide between the two. I am leaning toward Touro but I am just looking for some details about the program that can help me seal the decision. Any current students out there that can comment on the curriculum, how the students are doing on boards, how the classes are, etc. Are NYIT rotation sites better than Touro? Is the administration better to deal with at one institution over the other? Are they receptive to students needs?
Do you think touro will sign on some more rotation sites in the NYC area in the next 2-3 years?

I hope you can answer some of my questions! Thank you for the help.

ktF2uet.gif

I visitied Touri -ny over the summer. Although i like it being in the city, the school is basically one building on a busy street.....the cafiteria is tiny, not the best amount of study spaces etc...

also i heard from a ms-4 that Touro had an incident where an ms-3 from touro unplugged the heart moniter of a patient because she thought it was "annoying"...I know that Touro students are no longer allowed at the hospital.

I visitied Touri -ny over the summer. Although i like it being in the city, the school is basically one building on a busy street.....the cafiteria is tiny, not the best amount of study spaces etc...

also i heard from a ms-4 that Touro had an incident where an ms-3 from touro unplugged the heart moniter of a patient because she thought it was "annoying"...I know that Touro students are no longer allowed at the hospital.

that kind of collective punishment is bullcrap.
perhaps someone from touro could confirm or clarify.

that kind of collective punishment is bullcrap.
perhaps someone from touro could confirm or clarify.

While I agree it is BS, you gotta look at it from the hospital's point of view. Can you say liability? I would SORT OF understand if they stopped taking ALL medical students, if they just stopped taking touro students then yeah, that's ridiculous.

Survivor DO

I assume this person is no longer working in the health field.