Choice Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBAeyes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have been accepted to more than one school, and put money down at more than one school; is there a matriculation deadline where you have to "get off the fence" and pick which school you will attend?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have been accepted to more than one school, and put money down at more than one school; is there a matriculation deadline where you have to "get off the fence" and pick which school you will attend?

probably when you have to pay your first tuition or attend orientation...bottom line, don't be a jackass, let someone off the waitlist get in.

probably when you have to pay your first tuition or attend orientation...bottom line, don't be a jackass, let someone off the waitlist get in.

lol - slightly harsh way to put it, but I agree. There are people waiting on waitlists to get into just one school (meaning they aren't accepted anywhere else as a back-up). They have to be making moving plans, roommate decisions, etc. So it's the kind and professional thing to do your thinking it over and asking schools questions in a timely way. Honestly, you don't need forever to make a decision. Asking those questions to schools now and mulling it over now is the same as doing it in 5 months, but you've helped someone else start their plans for optometry school faster.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When I was on the fence, I gave myself until the earliest of the schools' application deadlines to inform them of my final decision.

However, since most deadlines have already passed, I suggest you decide sooner rather than later in order to be fair to those waiting for good news.

Last edited:
Agreed, decide now and let someone get off the waiting list. Its being professional. Like someone said earlier don't be a jackass.