Choice of Backpack

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenningdo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would current students or future students suggest a hiking backpack with straps across the hips and chest, a rolling backpack/suitcase, a satchel bag, or any other suggestion?
 
shenningdo said:
Would current students or future students suggest a hiking backpack with straps across the hips and chest, a rolling backpack/suitcase, a satchel bag, or any other suggestion?


There are a couple of backpack threads on here that you should do a search for.

I bought a Jansport "Odyssey 38" backpack (very popular hiking-style backpack...it seems like half my class has one) the day before classes started and I swear it is the best purchase I have ever made. It has tons of room for lugging books to school and back, and lots of compartments. The ultra-padded shoulder straps and hip/chest straps are key for hikes to the parking lot or home.

Satchel/sling bags are a popular option, but they hurt my shoulder when they're loaded down, and I don't think they generally can hold as many books without getting unwieldy.

Using a rolling backpack is a surefire way to look like a huge nerd. I don't care if they're better for your back...you won't ever catch me using one.
 
Andy15430 said:
There are a couple of backpack threads on here that you should do a search for.

I bought a Jansport "Odyssey 38" backpack (very popular hiking-style backpack...it seems like half my class has one) the day before classes started and I swear it is the best purchase I have ever made. It has tons of room for lugging books to school and back, and lots of compartments. The ultra-padded shoulder straps and hip/chest straps are key for hikes to the parking lot or home.

Satchel/sling bags are a popular option, but they hurt my shoulder when they're loaded down, and I don't think they generally can hold as many books without getting unwieldy.

Using a rolling backpack is a surefire way to look like a huge nerd. I don't care if they're better for your back...you won't ever catch me using one.


Thanks for the info. I will do a search!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.