Choir as a extracurricular

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I love dogs27

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I have been doing choir and voice related activities like MSVMA since I was in middle school. I am continuing my choir classes in college and have a music minor as well for voice. Could I put my choir classes as extracurricular activities on my app? Or list them somewhere to help me stand out instead of just having them on my transcript? This is something I am passionate about and want to highlight in my app but don’t know where else I could talk about it since it’s technically a class.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This sounds like something that is important to you as a person, so definitely something to list on W/A! I personally wrote about my passion for piano and music, and it worked out

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds like something that is important to you as a person, so definitely something to list on W/A! I personally wrote about my passion for piano and music, and it worked out
Thanks for the info! I'm not sure what part of the app this is. Could you give me some info on what this part is and how I could add my content into it? Thanks!

Hello all

I have been doing choir and voice related activities like MSVMA since I was in middle school. I am continuing my choir classes in college and have a music minor as well for voice. Could I put my choir classes as extracurricular activities on my app? Or list them somewhere to help me stand out instead of just having them on my transcript? This is something I am passionate about and want to highlight in my app but don’t know where else I could talk about it since it’s technically a class.
Thanks!
Sure, that's fine.

People take research for credit and further describe their research in the work & activities section of the AMCAS application. You can certainly do the same for choir (Artistic endeavor). Same applies to studio arts for those who participate in that regard and in athletics for those who receive PE credit for athletics.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all

Thanks!
call it singing or music, and put it in hobbies or artistic endeavor

Reactions: 1 user
I've been singing in organized groups since 4th grade including state and national level stuff; I'm now 30. I marked it down as 9999 hours, vocal arts under artistic endeavors, and talked about both my achievements and musical volunteerism in nursing homes and hospitals, doing caroling etc. If you have any numbers like an amount of money raised at a benefit concert or something I'm sure that would be helpful.

Reactions: 1 users