Choosing a major

Started by Sky_fall
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sky_fall

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone I recently switched my major over from nursing to pre vet. My university's pre vet program includes a bachelors degree in agricultural sciences. (Not exactly what I imagined myself getting a degree in!) But I was wondering if it is better to get my bachelors in agricultural science or biology? And what sort of degree do most people who get accepted into vet school have?
 
It doesn't matter what you major in as long as you meet the prereqs for the school you are applying to. Now that I am in vet school, I wish I would have taken a better physiology class than the one I had in undergrad. When we had immunology, my classmates who had immuno in undergrad found it easier than I did - not having any background. Just remember that vet school classes are heavily based in science so you should prepare yourself for that the best way you see fit.