Choosing between Florida schools..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoomd_

Reaction score
Hello! I have been fortunate enough to receive acceptances to:
UCF
FGCU
USF
St. Aug

I am still waiting on UF, UNF.

I have eliminated st. Aug due to price, and I have also eliminated FGCU.

This leaves me potentially with USF, UCF, and UF as my serious contenders.

These three schools seem to be relatively equivalent, essentially the same prices (about 67k). There’s some differences both pros and cons about the cities they are in, but not enough to be a good reason to eliminate them. I was wondering if current students, past students, etc, could provide some input on these programs?

Info found online of course is important (the faculty, pass rates, academics etc.) , but I am also very big on choosing a place with good culture, close friendly cohort and opportunities to participate in extracurricular activity and make friends.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if UNF is conducting interviews this cycle? it looks like they did pre-covid but haven't seen much for the 2021 cycle. They didn't have any dates listed under important dates

I would go to the cheapest school that is in an area with the cheapest rent unless you stay home. Second would be which school sets up the students for success when it comes to the boards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if UNF is conducting interviews this cycle? it looks like they did pre-covid but haven't seen much for the 2021 cycle. They didn't have any dates listed under important dates

I don’t think so tbh, their email made it sound like they’re just making a decision without one.

I don’t think so tbh, their email made it sound like they’re just making a decision without one.
iI emailed them and just wanted to keep you in the loop. they confirmed no interview. everything is based off applications

I’m a current student in UF’s program. It’s been dope. The culture is warm, the faculty (especially the director) have all been awesome, and there are tons of extracurricular opportunities. The cohort is over twice as big as UCF and considerably bigger than USF as well, which is good and bad. Many of our classes are split so we’re not always with everyone in the cohort, but ultimately the bigger cohort means more opportunities to make friends

I was deciding between UF, UCF, and USF last year also. I eliminated USF first because I’m interested in manual therapy and USF doesn’t seem to be as involved with that as UCF and UF. Then it was a toss up between UF and UCF, and ultimately I chose UF purely because they start in August and UCF starts in May and I wanted to have summer off

Reactions: 1 users
I’m a current student in UF’s program. It’s been dope. The culture is warm, the faculty (especially the director) have all been awesome, and there are tons of extracurricular opportunities. The cohort is over twice as big as UCF and considerably bigger than USF as well, which is good and bad. Many of our classes are split so we’re not always with everyone in the cohort, but ultimately the bigger cohort means more opportunities to make friends

I was deciding between UF, UCF, and USF last year also. I eliminated USF first because I’m interested in manual therapy and USF doesn’t seem to be as involved with that as UCF and UF. Then it was a toss up between UF and UCF, and ultimately I chose UF purely because they start in August and UCF starts in May and I wanted to have summer off
When did UF let you know of their decision?