Choosing between two interview dates for rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spirospero363

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to receive an interview invite recently to a school that offers MMI interviews. They gave a range of dates, and I am deciding between Oct. 8th (the earliest date offered) and Oct. 19th or 22nd. This is a rolling admission state school; would the week and a half, or two weeks make a big difference in my chances?

Please let me know! I'd really appreciate any advice as I am not familiar with the process. I want to choose one of the later dates as I am hoping to spend significant time preparing for the MMI and have a lot going on in the next few weeks (moving and starting school). Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to receive an interview invite recently to a school that offers MMI interviews. They gave a range of dates, and I am deciding between Oct. 8th (the earliest date offered) and Oct. 19th or 22nd. This is a rolling admission state school; would the week and a half, or two weeks make a big difference in my chances?

Please let me know! I'd really appreciate any advice as I am not familiar with the process. I want to choose one of the later dates as I am hoping to spend significant time preparing for the MMI and have a lot going on in the next few weeks (moving and starting school).
i would go for an earlier date, because there is a possibility that you might get another invite to a different school, and dates will overlap. So i always felt like it is better to do the earliest dates because of that.

so when i was interviewing, i had to do back to back interviews - one day was in TN, and the very next day in Virginia 8 hour drive away.... it was a nightmare. hahaha. I barely slept.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

Please let me know! I'd really appreciate any advice as I am not familiar with the process. I want to choose one of the later dates as I am hoping to spend significant time preparing for the MMI and have a lot going on in the next few weeks (moving and starting school). Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide :)
No difference at all. At this stage of the process (and this really applies to all stages!!), the date you receive the II is a possible indication of how strong a candidate you are deemed to be. Stronger, or more preferred, candidates are reviewed first. Once you receive the II, scheduling is a matter of convenience and availability.

Especially this early in the cycle, when you actually interview has zero impact on your chances, other than the random luck of the draw where when you interview will determined who you interview with, and you might click with one interviewer and not with another. MMIs in October? No difference at all!! Take whichever date works best for you. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

Medical schools interview well into March and sometimes April. They’re not going to fill their class by the end of October, so choose the date that best suits your schedule.

Thank you all so much for the helpful advice; I really appreciate it! Decided to go with one of the later dates :)